Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

25 week midwife appointment

Hi everyone

I haven't had the easiest pregnancy but have received nothing but excellent care from my local hospital.

However my community midwife is really lovely but she seems to forget everything that she needs to do - I didn't realise I needed the flu jab until a friend of mine mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned it to her today and she told me to have it done but no chance as they have run out in my area.

I had to ask for my MAT B1 form and more importantly, she hasn't measured me for growth. I was at the delivery suite last week and they measured my tummy and were surprised that it hadn't been done before. It wasn't until I left this morning that I realised it wasn't done again.

Did everyone else have their measurements taken at the 25 week check? Though to be honest I am not sure all of my tummy is baby, I think quite a lot of it might be Cadbury's Creme Eggs!

Thanks everyone

Londonlass & baby

Replies

• Hey hon,

I had my 25 week yesterday and they measured my tummy for the first time and felt and recorded baby's position.

I have a couple of different midwives and they seem to do different things each time.

I woulnd't worry too much - as long as she's doing your blood pressure, urine and checking baby's heartbeat that's all the important stuff covered.

R x
  • ive seen my midwife every 4 weeks and from 22 weeks shes measured and felt baby. she defo should have done it at your 25 weeks appt, measuring u means she can see whether baby is growing ok and is not under or over what it should be, as these can indicate other problems.

• hey

I got measured for the first time at my 25 week appointment, and she also checked the heartbeat for the first time.

I worry about my midwife and if i am getting told everything/getting all the checks too. She basically just doesn't ever speak when i have my appointments. I have no idea about when i should find out about antenatal classes, birthing option and plans etc.

As this is my first, i am pretty clueless and just going with the flow. I am sure we are in good hands! image

xx
  • my midwife measured me and listened to the heartbeat, apparantley we are going to discuss birthing plans in my next appointments, shes a different one to my usual and is lovely! don't be scared to ask xx
  • Hi,

I had my 25 weeks app and didn't get measured or weighed. Checked blood pressure and urine and then she felt the uterus said it felt alright and then checked bubs hb and thats it...was really quick.

Emma.xx