Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

dont you just love...

.... feeling baby kick???

Ive just sat down after a busy day and baby has decided to have a kicking/wriggling marathon. I love it!!image I never get bored of that beautiful little reminder that there is a little person inside me growing everyday and already having little experiences of its own.

bit of a pointless post really but every time I get kicked or stretched or beaten black and blue from the inside, I just couldn't be happier!! image

Replies

• Yes! Although the kicks are getting stronger now!! Had the biggest ones yet last night! Amazing to think there's a little human being inside us! x
  • Yes love it.

I keep talking to baby when it kicks. I love it when I put my hand on my tummy and can feel a knee or something going past, keep telling hubby to put his hand on so he can feel it too but think baby loves his hand being there as it doesn't move then until he takes his hand off.

• Absolutely love it as well. When I've had a horrible day and feel that everything is falling apart, Sprout kicks and pounds at me and it always makes me smile. Don't care that they're hurting now!!! x
  • im getting it right now! image in the bath is the best tho! if dd1 would allow it i would lay in the bath for hours watching the gremlin inside me moving about! image
  • I do love it but those kicks to the bladder can be bl00dy painful ! :lol:

He was having a gym session at 5am this morning and was kicking and punching me at the same time, was nice but I also wanted to sleep !!
  • Aw thats a lovely post! I love it, I never get bored of feeling it.

The only thing is it seems to move over to whichever side I'm laying on and kind of kick the mattress..it doesn't hurt exactly but feels really odd! I had an anterior placenta with all of my others but its posterior this time so it was really amazing to feel and see so much movement from so early on.

xx
  • Its fab, and makes me feel happy and have a glow, although I have anterior placenta so cant see anything from outside yet and hubby has yet to feel anything which is such a shame really, but if I dont feel her for a few hours I do start to worry and then off she goes into kicking mode love love love it xxxx
  • Aww love this! Yes, I love it, it is the best feeling ever. Even at 3am when I get woken up to a disco in my tummy, I just lay there with my hand on my bump smiling to myself image xx
  • Pickles, I get the mattress trampoline thing too!

It is a lovely feeling to know that your never alone.

The other night at some ungodly hour he was jutting right out on one side & there was a massive lump, must have been a head or a botty so I gently tried to shove it back in but he was having none of it.

It's cute to think they are curled up in there like cosy little kittens!

I find the movements more frequent & a lot more forceful this time too.

• Love it! Mine somehow seems to swing his legs kicking the back then front then back, then front - I've no idea how he does it but very cute! He kicks people if they squash against me on the tube too :lol:

R x
  • hehe!!! i was just getting all sentimental .. i love it!!!image