Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ouch!!... :-(

Hey ladies, I just want to have a bit of a grumble really....

I have toothache/gum ache.. it really hurts image its on a tooth I have had a crown on, there is only really the root left and today its really painful!! image the pain is in my gum not sure what I can take for it? can I use bonjela or something similar??

I don't know why I'm posting really, just feeling sorry for myself lol

will book a dentist appointment on Monday! boooooo I hate the dentist image

Replies

• no idea what you can take for it spud. must suck!! i HATE toothache, its the worst!! at least the dentist might be able to help!!!
  • Oh no!

Toothe ache is the absolute worst! I get bad gums when I'm run down and its agony!

Hope its better soon.

xx
  • thanks guys it really is the worst pain!! image

iv rinsed with medicated mouthwash for now.
  • Ooooh, painful !! I think you can use bonjela and the like but i'd still go see your dentist anyway !
  • defo go dentist. take ibuprufen, will help with pain and take any swelling down, my midwife suggested this for my spd so im sure it will do wonders for your gum, and she said it was ok to take just incase your worried. x
  • thanks guys, one thing i cannot bear is toothache!! with that and a poorly 3 year old up in the night then up since 530 am makes for a tired grumpy spuddy today!! lol

iv taken painkillers and the mouthwash feels great for about 10 mins after iv done it.
  • I thought preggie ladies weren't allowed Ibruprofen - check this out first missus!
  • G/C from DIJuly - sorry you were on the side bit!

According to the NHS pregnancy book in the bounty pack, ibuprofen is OK to take in the 2nd trimester... I can't count this morning ladies so don't know if you'r into 3rd yet or still hanging on in 2nd!