Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011

Spent the morning at hospital

Well after my post this morning about how rough I felt it got much much worse really quickly. By 11am I was sick, dizzy, seeing spots, and generally in great discomfort.

My friend was coming over that morning with her baby anyway so she took me up hospital whilst her mum had her dd and charlotte (bless poor charlie didnt know this woman so was a bit unsure what was going on!).

After waiting 2 hours in hospital a Dr saw me and checked me over. He said I have a virus and quite a nasty throat infection which has spread to my ears and neck hence the dizziness.

He's given me antibiotics for the infection and some anti dizziness tablets but under instruction to only take these ones if i'm desperate.

So I called my Mum and asked if she could come over and look after charlie and put her to bed, i'd already got dinner in the slow cooker so wasnt like there was much for her to do but nope she said she was too busy sorting out her beads ! :roll:

So im here trying to deal with charlotte on my own until she goes to bed and then at least I can lay down, i'm so thankful for cbeebies at times like this ! :lol:

Why did this have to happen the one time my husband goes abroad !! :roll:

Replies

• Poor you LC you been thru mill, hope you get better soon hun, and Im sorry but I would have thought your mum could have spared a few hours to help you out, hopefully not long till Charlottes bedtime and you can follow, get a Bath n early night doll x
  • Grrr just replied and nothing, Poor you honey, was just putting that it bit much your mum cant help you out for few hours, I hope Charlies bedtime is soon for you so you can have bath, and early night and rest, hope you get better soon xxx
  • She goes to bed at 7pm so on the countdown now thank goodness !

I just wanna curl up in a ball and die quietly if you know what I mean, hubby gets home tomorrow evening and it cant come quickly enough !!

I'm so bunged up I think my head will explode, I cant even use vicks vapour rub as i physically cant breathe it up my nose to clear it (if that makes sense).

Doc gave me antibiotics but primarily I have to let it run its course, said if i'm still poorly tuesday to go see my GP.
  • Oh no,

hope your feeling better soon x
  • oh poor lamb!! at least dd is in bed now image

im glad u will be on the mend now, and im glad everything is ok with bean tho. its so hard being minging and being a mum but you'll pull through chick!

your mum was too busy sorting her beads?! id go mental at my mum if she said that to me! :lol:
  • Oh Hun!!!

I hope you feel much better soon!! Hopefully you'll get some good rest if your mum can look after Charlie. Whens's your DH back??

xxx
  • aww hunny! hopefully you are fast asleep tucked up in bed now and you wake feeling much better tomorrow!! or at least hubbys home for you to put your feet up and rest, i hope you make a speedy recovery hun, as for mothers.... pah!!

*big hugs*
  • Oh no you poor thing!

Hope madam is fast asleep now and you are too!

xxx
  • Ah no, hope you feel better soon! Not long til hubby's home! x
  • Hope you feel better very soon hun xx
  • Oh lord that was a rough night !!

Throat was sheer agony !! Found the only relief I could get was to gargle corsodyl mouthwash, then I could fall asleep for 45 mins to an hour before the pain woke me up and I had to go gargle again.

Hubby wont get home till nearly 8pm tonight so still got another day on my own, i'm so shattered I just wanna sleep but i'm super bunged up again so even when madam naps I doubt i'll be able to.

Will be so glad when this is over !!!! I was supposed to be meting a friend tomorrow whose travelling from Leeds and I havent seen her in over a year ! Was so excited but have had to cancel, I cant talk let alone breath comfortably and swallow so not gonna be much fun to come visit !