Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011

'm going to get the sack

I have to conclude having a baby has made me thick as s**t -now I've got pregnancy brain on top I literally have lip gloss for brains.

Was having some training in work today (a catch up on a job I did before mat leave) and I swear to god, I am like a caveman trying to use a computer.

I am seriously worried they are going to think I have been abducted during the night, had my brains removed & promptly sack me & employ a potato in my place cos frankly they'd know more than I do.

Unless it's what time Mr Tumble comes on I know bugger all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Snap!!! Oh god I feel for you... I cannot seem to do the simplest of tasks - it takes me days to write a press release now, when it used to take me an hour.

It's awful xxx
  • Maddy - are they going to rumble us?

In these times where people are clambering for jobs, i'm starting to worry they are going to think i'm an incompetant moron & kick me to the curb.

I see myself working in McDonalds - washing lettuce.

(sorry to any lettuce washers, i'm sure it's very rewarding!!!)

However, i've taken some seriously nails exams to get where I am & it's so frustrating that I now have the IQ of a Cactus....

:cry:
  • Ha ha lettuce washing fulfilling, you made me laugh xx
  • I'm the same but I simply cannot be bothered. My industry is so trivial and everyone gets so worked up about the most pointless things and expects you to panic and flap and put your life on hold while they sort it it. I just don't care anymore and having my little man kicking away inside me keep reminding me what is important. Ie not this job or the morons I work with!!

Only a couple of months to go though, woo hoo!
  • Rach - I agree it's very hard to give a toss when all you care about is if you've bought enough bibs or where your next doughnut is coming from!!

P.S. The most enormous spider is sat on the wall near my desk & I want to go home.

• I must say you're braver than me GG - if there was a spider next to me at work I'd be out the door quicker than.... erm...well, quickly. Can't think of something really really fast.... had almost 4 hours sleep last night and it seems to have fried my brain more than my usual 2-3 hours!!! Baby brain doesn't even come into it... lol.

Loving the lettuce washing though! I went to tesco the other day, walked round for almost 20 minutes, still couldn't remember what I wanted and came home... only to find that I'd been holding my shopping list in my hand the entire time!!!! D'Oh!!