Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

woo hoo! got my double pushchair!

went with mothercare deal in the end, got phil and teds explorer,??436. got foot,uff,raincover,cup holder with it,used discount vouchrer as was 475. got my cot other day! my list is getting smaller, just got to get fewe bits now. black out curtain,lampshade for her room. and lil bits like hospital chnaging bag bits,pads ect. 13 wks to go!

Replies

• Options
    Excellent !! Its so nice when you can cross something off the list. I still feel like I have loads to do but in reality I guess its not.

We need a chest of drawers for our room so we can move our clothes out of the nursery, I need hospital bag stuff like nighties, pants, toiletries etc, we need a new playmat, cotbed bedding (although this isnt urgent as he wont be in it for a while) and moses bedding, muslins, bibs, and a few clothes but they can wait till after he is born. Luckily most stuff we have from dd.
  • Options
    its easier second time as we have most dont we? although as its a girl this time,we needed clothes! i did have a bit of white/yellow/beige,and family being generous buying me pink!
  • Options
    Yippee! I ordered mine too - went for the Phil & Teds Vibe, it should arrive this week - I can't wait to use it for Theo now as my existing one is a bit of a pain.

Also don't have much else to get now - hospital bits and a swaddling blanket, think that's it!
  • Options
    Your all so organised! I'm rubbish..I have nothing really!

xx
  • Options
    I'm not really organised, just lucky that I have everything still from Theo who was born may 09 and having another boy. All I've done this time is ordered the pushchair, bought 1 set of babygrows & vests in newborn (T went straight into 0-3), bought a cesarean belt and hubby got me a sling for my birthday!
  • Options
    I'm nowhere near organised Pickles believe me !!

Once the nursery is cleared of our rubbish and decorated i'll feel much more organised !! Plus we can at least get all the stuff out of the attic and have somewhere to put it. At this rate it'll be April before we get organised !!
  • Options
    moomin mummy, what's a caeserean belt? i had my second cs 10weeks ago and wondering if it's something i cld do with? never heard of it before x

opps, just realised i'm g/c sorry lol x
  • Options
    Im looking for something like plastic drawers too, baby has no nursery and is in with us, we have a 4 bed house but there will be 9 of us when bubbas here! all he has so far is one of my drawers for clothes and thats it,

pregnancy makes us organize so many things, ive just had my cubbard shelved out for all the towles and kids pjs,if we could bottle the hormone that makes you do all those things you would be rich! :lol:
  • Options
    I got some of those plastic draws in asda! They were originally for Abby so are pink but they've been stood empty for nearly a year now so will use them for baby, don't think he'll mind image

• Options
    I bought a Britax b dual. I got it a month or so ago for ??299.99 including second seat and rain cover. I had it out for a play last weekend and love it.

Our cot is now free as my son is in a big boys bed so just need a new mattress and were good to go. Im sure theres heaps of things that I have forgotten. eek!
  • Options
    angel, we got the britax b-dual too image using it just for dd1 atm, she loves it- its gonna be a monster to push with 2 of them in tho, i struggle getting up kerbs! :lol:

cot is being bought on monday, the amie cotbed from mamas and papas, and there is a space in our room waiting! moses basket is at mum and dads for the mean time. need to buy sheets for both of them tho! oh and a mattress for the cotbed!

going to start getting hospital bag ready as soon as im 30 weeks (monday image
  • Options
    Lucyah do you think the b-dual would take a buggyboard??

xx
  • Options
    WoWbabies, this is what I got - "to protect, support and soothe". Didn't have a cesarean last time so don't know what to expect but as I have a lively toddler who likes to jump on my bump I thought any protection would be good!!

http://www.mothercare.com/Theraline-Caesarean-Belt/dp/B0011EWQ1U?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_30&nodeId=591506031&sr=1-30&qid=1298634149
  • Options
    I dont think the b dual would take a buggy board. The seat on the back sticks out quite a way...

Lucyah - thats funny, I had it out for a play last weekend and my ds was going crazy for it! He loves his new pushchair, he was even happy in the lower seat, think he likes the idea of being able to climb in/out himself! Think there might be some arguments as to who sits where! It is very big, I looked at the phil n teds but my ds is too big already. The b dual main seat it very roomy and perfect for my ds. Will take a bit of getting used to. I choose it because it fits in the boot of my clio - honestly!!

• Options
    hubby says it wont as the bars are in the wrong place image