Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

one born every minute (monday 21st)

who saw it this week?? its kinda OT but did anyone see the adverts inbetween... that one for "paranormal activity 2"?

it made me feel really uneasy. i even emailed channel 4 and complained that they shouldnt show adverts like that during a programme like OBEM!! so inappropriate!!!! :evil:

Replies

• Yes I did and it scared the bejeezus out of me!! I LOVE horror films but can't bring myself to watch these two as they are about a couple, and then a couple with a child. Plus they are based loosely around true events (apparently)... A friend of mine watched the first one and she was horrified, she warned me not to watch it. Well done you for complaining, let us know what they say in return x x
  • it was just the clips they showed. it was awful!! especially as they involved a child! i wont go into details for u all but seriously- SICK!!

i dont care if they want to advertise it, just not during a programme where me and millions of other mums and pregnant women are watching!! our dreams are weird enough thanks without those images in our heads!!
  • omg im so glad im not the only 1 who felt like this!

im such a wimp with films, but there was one shot in advert of a baby being pulled down in cot which was just way too much! especially when its mainly mums and mums-to-be watching obem - disturbing.

xxx
  • jojo- EXACTLY the bit that is still in my mind now! friggin horrible!! then the next advert was a happy little pampers advert with smiley babies.. WTF is that all about! :evil:
  • I completley agree, it was very inappropriate.

xx
  • I sky plused it and watched it this morning so didnt see the adverts as i fast forwarded through them but just curious as to whether or not C4 got back in touch about it xxxx
  • Oh i'm glad I sky +'d it now, I cant watch scary movies at all !! I love watching paranormal programmes like Most Haunted but not the movies !!

Let us know if you get a response !
  • hahaha REPLY!!

this was my original email..

I am writing with concerns over an advert currently being broadcasted on your

channel. During your showing of "One Born Every Minute" you showed an

advertisment for "Paranormal Activity 2" This showed disturbing scenes of a

young child being "dragged" by "something" along their cot while sleeping. I

would like to stress that I found this highly inappropriate for viewing during

this programme. "One Born Every Minute" is watched by millions of mothers and

pregnant woman, who of which would have found such footage very disturbing and

stressful. I for one felt physically sick after seeing it and found it very

inconsiderate and unnessesary for you to broadcast such advertisements during

programmes like this. Dreams during pregnancy are awful enough as it is without

our minds being fueled with such sickening images. Please consider more

appropriate advertisments in future.

and this was the reply they gave me today...

Dear Mrs Hazelton,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding advertising during

ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE.

We are sorry to hear that you found the advert for 'Paranormal Activity 2'

disturbing and stressful and feel it should not have been shown during this

programme. Please be assured your complaint has been logged and noted for the

information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback

from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Angie Young

Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

Think thats a result?? :roll: :lol:
  • lol, is that a good or a bad image ?
  • I just can't believe they didn't have a bit more to say about it! It looks like their standard format reply with just your name and the name of the show edited, and a couple of buzz words from your email added in for effect. Typical of a big corporation I suppose x x
  • yep. thats all i was expecting though. ill be interested to see what adverts come up next week thats for sure! if theres a repeat performance i will definately be on their case x10!! ill round up you girls to all email too!! :lol:

if nothing is done about it then "Angie Young" will be feeling the wrath of the pregnant ones!! :lol:
  • i hope u get another response from 'those responsible for advertising' then!

i've just seen the advert again, watching embaressing bodies though this time lol. makes me cringe, i actually had to look away.

xxx
  • yep, i saw it again during embarrassing bodies. as soon as the ad starts i look away, its horrible!!!
  • I didn't see the offending clip thanks to Sky + but my antie warned me some time ago not to watch PA:2 cos of the 'baby' content.

No worries there though cos I am the biggest girls blouse ever & wouldn't dream of watching anything like that.

I had nightmares after Independance Day!!

NUTTER!
  • i watch it on sky+ too, so didnt notice, but good on you for complaining !!

they really should put more thought into what they advertise during certain programes!!

no doubt i'll have to record it again tonight, hbby cant cope watching it :lol: it cracks me up, as this is our 3rd baby, you would think he'd be used to it by now image

i'll keep an eye out tho, see if they sort it!!

my sister-in-law once complained to the co-op for changing their voiceover man...they replied & got him back! not sure how many other complaints they got but i guess it must work!!
  • lol my hubby has no choice, i record obem and glee at same time so have to watch atleast 1 of them, always obem. quite sweet he gets emotional about it aswell (when hes not paying more attention to ebay), he wont tell me but i can see his eyes move to the tele instead of computer and he will watch it lol.

will be interested to see if they show the advert again.

xxx
  • Does anyone else get a lump in their throat when they see babies born on OBEM? I honeslty don't think I could be a midwife - i'd be a snivelling wreck in the corner.

It's that bloody music they play aswell it's so poignant.

I think they deserve medals for all they deal with - the good & the bad.

The community midwives on the other hand. Ahem, lets leave it at that...

:evil:
  • i LOVE watching it, i look forwards to it every week!! image

and yes, i cry EVERYTIME without fail! :lol: im not keen on the younger midwives, some of them seem a bit insensitive but the older ones are lovely!

but i swear if they play that advert again this week i will go ape shit! :evil:
  • i love it too, i just cant help but watch it!!

oh and jojo... i record both too but hubby litterally hates glee, the most he's watched is 5mins of the rocky horror show one & that was enough!! luckily he is an early to bed person, where im not so i get to watch them in peace & quiet once he goes upimage

last week he was so late from work he walked in as a woman was crowning & then proceeded to do everything with his back to the tv, was hillarious!!

it does make me cry everytime too, then i get jealous of all the ladies with the straight forward labours etc & cry about how complicated mine have been :lol: what joy these hormones are hey image