Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Come 12pm I will be on Maternity Leave !!

Just wanted to annouce that !!

I am so ready for it to start, I am fed up now of dealing with rent arrears and court hearings and evictions. Roll on day time tv and precious time with my little cheeky Charlotte !!!

Replies

• My god, so jealous!! I've got another 6 weeks left yet! Will be 37 weeks when I leave. image Want it to be sooner
  • Well because i'm quitting at the end of my mat leave and due to the hazardous nature of my job we decided I should leave at the earliest point possible. Hubby imparticular was eager for me to go as he always hated me going alone into peoples houses many of whome have "issues" iykwim so was even more concerned at me doing it when too pg to run away (lets face it I can barely walk right now let alone run ! :lol: )
  • Wooooooo Hooooooo, bet you sooooo happy, I got month Left then thats it, but all i do is sit at desk 3 days a week, although have to go into London and stay, cant wait thou, think its 7/8 weeks before I due, but hearing rubysparkles news cant come quick enough... xxxx
  • Well probably for the best then. Least you get time to spend with your LO before the new baby arrives xx
  • Yay!!! Hope you enjoy your extra time with Charlotte and being a SAHM. xx
  • Enjoy it!! Five weeks for me, wish it was now though!!
  • Yey! I finish 6 weeks today (if I can hang on to the last week of my holiday and dont need it before then!). I cant wait! Im missing my little boy at the mo and feel so guilty putting him in nursery full time. Trying not to wish it away as this is def my last pregnancy. x
  • still 6 weeks for me, not finishing till I'm 38 weeks as desperately tryiing to keep my a/l for after my mat leave...... counting the days! lol image
  • aww yayyy for maternity leave!! image
  • Arrrggghhh - i'm well jel!!!

5 weeks to go - finish 1st April.

The way I feel though I could easily chuck the towel in today.

I'm trying to think of it like this - in 5 weeks time it will have warmed up a little outside so I will have plenty to do ie. bits in the garden & general nesting!

It must feel even better to know you are NEVER going back. HURRAH for being a SAHM!!!