Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011

can u believe.......

ive just been nosey at the other due in forums - mainly march and to see that some of the girls who were due in first 2 weeks of march had their babys at the beginning of feb.

in another context some of us could be having our babys in a month (beginning of april)!!!!

talk about hitting home, think i better start washing baby clothes and stuff eeeeeek!

xxx

Replies

• G/C from March!

I remember in Jan when the Feb ladies started popping! Haha Make good use of the fear and get your hospital bags packed is my advice! Especially for first timers who (like a few of us) have had a false start!

Good luck to all of you! xxx
  • good luck to u! gotta say its lit a fire under my bum to get cracking now lol x
  • Yeh, I need to pack my hospital bag. I haven't really done anything yet. I have SO much to do and am trying not to get overwhelmed. I just need to give work at heave ho and it will be ok. xxxx
  • Ditto was just about to post, and especially after Rubysparkles news that I am now wahing my Pjs for bag and getting some stuff ready as Ive already had one scare in hospital couple weeks ago and this has well and truly kicked my arse into shape, am ordering Cot today and washing bubbas stuff that I have here and getting as much prep done as I can....Its scary Mary stuff xxx
  • Shhhhhh we have ages yet...all the time in the world...I'm not panicking at my total lack of organisation...not at all image

xx
  • i hope thats more convincing in your head than when typed out lol! x
  • Ahhhh yes am starting to feel nervous now & have started on my bag, I remember thinking I had ages last time & had also convinced myself that the baby would be a few days late & arrive on xmas day. He arrived 3 weeks early & I had finished packing my bag the day before & only gone to see the birthing unit a few days before as had only just decided on where I was going to have him :lol:
  • Omg!! Was only chatting to oh yesterday saying we hav 2 deal with possibility of ds2 coming at 37 weeks due to growth, that's 10 weeks away!! Eeeekk!! Gonna start packing bag next week.....now where did I leave my nursing nighties???
  • OMG, this has got me thinking...... :roll: I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and 3 weeks on Tuesday OH is going away to Lanzarote on a cycling trip with his pal. We discussed it before he booked and we both felt absolutely sure that being our first baby it would definitely be late :roll: and that he would be back weeks before the baby comes....... now I'm panicing he might miss the whole thing. Unlikely I know but always a possibility. Didn't help that we had an antenatal class yesterday and the physio was telling us her first came at 35 weeks - oh went rather pale at that point!!! lol image
  • trying to explain this to hubby was difficult lol. i asked him to get the bags of clothes and bedding down from upstairs and he then proceeded to argue the point we have ages yet. needless to say he went very quiet when i said about this
  • Pickles that made me chuckle!! There's a couple of the due in April ladies who are already signed up for c-sections mid March, so definitely getting close!!

My mam came round today, took one look and said I'd dropped really low (Baby is engaged!!) and bump was very tight and hard; had I packed my bag? Had to admit I had started but not finished, so going to rush around tomorrow and get that finished. We've just discovered our moses basket has gone mouldy in the loft so need a new one though!! Eeek!! Havent washed anything... cot is up though! lol. Really need to get a wriggle on with it all!
  • oh my goodness,

need to get buying and packing.
  • me and jack are off on a major shoppin trip today, to collect the little bits for hospital bag, and anything else i can hook on to a buggy lol.

might sound like im nuts but ive got a really strong feeling this baby is gonna turn up before 38 weeks. my instincts are normally pretty spot on so this is quite worrying. i'd rather he stayed in there. got my goddaughters christening on 1st may (a week before d-day) and i think that may be easier without the newborn lol.

xxx