Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

gonna sound really odd - need advice

firstly u can tell jacks at nursery, can actually do a post without the little monster coming up and turning comp off half way through lol

anyway, since last night ive been getting some really strong kicks/punches. the thing thats bothering me is that they are all aimed 'down'. as in he doesnt kick outwards, he's punching down into what feels like the top of my cervix and its really not the most pleasant thing to feel.

they are that strong and that well aimed at my cervix it feels like hes going to break waters and come shooting out fist first.

seriously though, i am a bit worried about the strength he's hitting and whether im gonn go into early labour.....

xxx

Replies

• cant help hun, didnt wanna read n run thou, call your midwife if you worried thats what she there for, Mine has gone bit quieter last few days but still movemnt, so trying not to worry, and Im getting it right in the ribs, under boobs so thinking mine is head down legs up.... Hope you are ok and just have a little dancer in there xxxx
  • Hi hun I have had these sort of kicks and sometimes they feel as if baby is kicking my bladder too and it makes me cross my legs, but the relly low down kicks did feel so low down it made me worry but I have them in this pregnancy and in past pregnancies too I think its down to the position of baby and I dont think its anything to worry about but if your worried why dont you ring your midwife she may just be able to reasure you on the phone,
  • Hi hun

I have the same thing, I wouldn't worry too much, it would have to be a pretty amazing kick to break your waters! If you concerned ring your midwife and say your getting some uncomfortable movements and see what she thinks.

xxx
  • I have this & did last pregnancy also. Sometimes she feels like she is going to claw her way out!!! Really uncomfortable but am sure its nothing more than the position they are in. Makes me really jump sometimes though. If your concerned I should ask your midwife though xxxx image
  • Hiya, I had this with DD. It felt like kicks right in the cervix and sometimes like strong scratching. It does feel awful! Nothing to worry about tho. She was born at 40+4 and had been head down from 28 weeks so I still have no idea how she was doing that to me with head so low!
  • I am getting a lot of kicks/punches low down that feel the same as that, and did with DS too so I wouldn't think there was anything wrong, but I agree you could give MW a call if you want her to have a feel and put your mind at ease x x
  • thanks girls, not quite as worried now. mil had it when pregnant with my hubby (funny enough he was back to back aswell)

seems to be a very strong little lad in my tummy trying to escape, maybe a sign he might come on time unlike his big brother.

xxx