Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby is breech - argh!!!!

Just as I thought baby was breech when midwife checked today at 28 week app, which explains the constant kicks in the bladder! She did say it doesn't matter at this stage and they still change position alot. However, baby seems to have been in this position for ages, obviously quite comfy so i'm a bit worried!! DS was head down by this stage. Anyone any experience of breech babys turning? I sooooo want to go for a natural birth this time after my em c-section last time image Birth ball is definitely coming out now! x

Replies

• Options
    get bouncing girl! lol. dunno anything about breech but ive been trying to turn my lil man round from being back to back, find out next week if my attempts have worked.

hope its a good baby for u and turns around xxx
  • Options
    Best Friend was breech till 37 weeks and then He turned so try not to worry hun, as it can and does happen sometimes naturally, Ive also heard scrubbing floor on all fours works and also swimming so maybe worth a shot few weeks before just to be on safe side xxx
  • Options
    Get yourself on all fours and get rocking! I'm sure bubba will get themselves the right way round soon x x
  • Options
    Thanks girls. Gonna get birth ball blown up today and start cleaning the floors!

Sherbert fizz, whats the knee to chest position? I don't think i'm capable of getting my knees to my chest anymore with this huge bump! :lol: But if it works will have to try it! x
  • Options
    One of the April ladies has been told by her mw & gp to put a bag of cold peas on babies head!! They will turn away from the cold!! Never heard of it before but perhaps worth a try? Also, on your hands and knees a lot, and apparently stick your bum in the air so higher than your head will work - not sure about that one!! Sit backwards over a chair, or on your birthing ball and fingers crossed!! Plenty of time though yet x
  • Options
    Oh I wouldn't worry too much hun, mine is transverse at the moment which is just soooo comfy...not! If I lay on my left side it wriggles its head, if I lay on my right side it kicks me!

Lots of bouncing and try the frozen peas things, makes sense!

xx
  • Options
    Oh thanks for the tips Garfield. Will try the frozen peas, although don't fancy those on my tum!

I've just got this nagging feeling that baby is all cosy in that position as it doesn't seem to have moved around much! Hopefully can get it moving soon! Pickles, hope your bubs moves head down soon must be an uncomfy position for you! My DS was transverse a few times before he settled head down and back to back! :roll: x
  • Options
    Aaah think I can manage that, think I will keep my clothes on though! image Will check the ironing board one out too, thanks SF! x
  • Options
    Haha that pic is hilarious!! Why has she got not clothes on?!

It is very uncomfy, my mw also helpfully told me that babies who are transverse are the ones who stay like that and I'll probably end up with a c-section...great! I really don't know how I'll cope if I end up with a c-section.

xxx