Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The fun bit...The nursery!

How are we all getting on, We have got furniture in and painted and just waiiting for cot and soft furnishings to be made... will post some pics in next week or so of progress, just wondered how everyone else is doing, Its first timer for me so I just love going in every day and just looking image xxx

Replies

• everything is bought and the decorating starts Monday! Can't wait till it's done - I know I'm going to spend a lot of time in there before the baby comes along xxx
  • I used to spend hours in the nursery before DS arrived, just smiling and dreaming and moving his things around image Enjoy it ladies x x
  • Hi WW - cant wait to see pics! my nursery is still a junk room image getting stressed now!! Need to give hubby a kick up the backside! xxxx
  • Hi Ladies, I need hubby to put pics up as Im not good on techno front from camera, have been taking some of work in progress and cant wait for furnishings to go in and wall hangings etc, BK think we two are only nursery stalkers...you need to get started so we can coo together....ha ha xxx
  • Errrm, nothing is done !!

Still got so much to organise, need to buy chest of drawers but just seems we keep running out of money before we get round to buying them and until we get some we cant get our clothes out of the nursery ! At this rate we'll end up with cheap plastic drawers just to tide us over !!
  • our got decorated last weekend, and the furniture in place! I keep going in too, and just standing in the room smiling like a mad woman!!

I need to get all the finishing touches sorted. It is lovely looking but needs all the extras to make it look more cosey. Can't wait to get my mattress so i can get the bedding on. Looking for a shelve with hooks below and maybe rattan boxed on it?? Anyone seen anything like that??

slightly addicted to www.folksy.co.uk It is full of lovely handmade goodies!! I bought a lovely 'decorative' vintage looking teddy that has been handmade, and a couple of lovely signs with sweeet quotes.

So excited about getting it all finished!

Can't wait to see pics from everyone!
  • Look forward to seeing the pics! We are going to decorate DS room next weekend and then once he's all settled in, we can make a start on the nursery. We have all the furnishings and furniture so it's just a paint job and we need to get some blinds made. Can't wait til it's all finished!

I loved spending time in the nursery before DS was born. It was all so new, fresh and gorgeous! x
  • We are moving ds to a new bedroom so all the work is to get that room ready!!! Baby will be going into ds's current room so don't really need to change much in there.... At the moment it's painted pale turquoise with blue accessories. If this baby turns out to be a girl all I'll be doing is getting some different accessories in different shades of pink! I think pink and turquoise are lovely together image
  • We have just painted in and put the furniture up - but as we have been away this weekend we haven't put everything in yet, I think it looks great. I am very excited. I will have to take pictures and show you.

looking forward to seeing everyones.

Kat - I keep doing the same as you- just going in and smiling at it. Just need the finishing touches, light up, blinds to be bought and up and me to finish my sewing.

Shame I have to work tomorrow - would rather stay at home and finish the room.