Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are you getting on Rubysparkle?

Haven't seen a post from you since you said a couple of days ago labour seemed to be slowing down and you were hopefully going home? Just wanted to check how you and baby are doing?

Thinking of you xx

Replies

• Options
    Ditto, have been think about you hun, hope you are ok and getting some rest xx
  • Options
    Aw thank you so much! I am home feeling completely wobbly about being pregnant :cry: it's like the early days again when you constantly worry. On the plus side the steroids have obviously beefed the wee man up as his kicks are so much stronger than they were which is very reassuring if i wasn't worried he was still trying to break out lol

I am trying my best to do absolutely nothing however as wonderwoman said in a post the whole thing has given me a kick up the backside :lol: I have so much to do, feel a lot better now I have a sensible hospital bag packed my lovely husband provided me with some very interesting nightwear - think tiny shorts and vest tops that don't cover your bump bless him!

I have the hospital or midwife on a weekly basis now so feel very reassured from that point as I do not need any trial runs at labour. Being on labour ward trying to keep a baby in was very bizarre. It was heartbreaking watching the contractions on the monitor print out in such a regular pattern knowing it was just to early.

thank-you so much girls you have no idea how much your words of support have picked me up, it's so nice to have ladies like yourselves to turn to at difficult times xxx
  • Options
    haha aww bless you for being able to pack a decent hospital bag now. i chuckled when i read that hubby packed unsuitable nightwear, EXACTLY what mine would do! he must have been panicking too bless him.

so glad to hear bubs is cooking still, and booting the hell out of his mummy image
  • Options
    So glad to hear you're home and bubs is kicking away image

A lot of women who have their early labour halted go on to have babies at or close to term. So try not to worry too much though I know that's easier said than done!

We're here for you if you have any other worries or need to let off steam... I had my ds at 30 weeks so if you had any questions or anything I can help with feel free to pm me! Big hugs xx
  • Options
    fantastic news that you are now home hun and that your little boy is reassuring you, just take each day at a time. everyday inside you he is stronger. take it easy hun xx
  • Options
    That's great news. Glad you are home and everything has settled down now. :lol: at your DH's packing skills mine would do exactly the same! Dread to think what kind of underwear he'd pack me! image

Take it easy and get hubby to wait on you. Everything crossed your little man stays put xx
  • Options
    Glad all's ok have a good rest image xx
  • Options
    Glad your home now and they've been able to persuade him to stay in a while longer. Make sure you take it easy!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey hun, glad little man is safe inside and you are getting some rest... take care sweets. xxx