Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm struggling...

Hi Ladies,

Sorry this is going to be a very self indulgent whinge but I need to just moan as I feel my head is going to explode any day now!

I am so excited about baby arriving but also the reality is only just sinking in, I still feel no where near organised and also I have so much uni work to do that I dont even know where to start!

I keep looking at the screen to do my assingments and my mind is blank, its like I dont know what I have been learning for the past year and half... things just dont seem to make sense!

Also starting to feel like poo, had a massive headache since last night, and I am also very emotional. I hate the way I feel at the mo and just feel if i say anything I am moaning I just hate that I have no control over anything at the mo - thats how i feel anyway!

Gosh, think i need to have a word with myself and get a grip - sorry about the rant! xxxxxxx

Replies

• Oh hunny you are completely entitled to a wallow and you are not alone! You are doing so much and I for one commend you for sticking with your course and dealing with pregnancy!

These last few weeks are HARD and long and we all know we wouldnt change if for the world so long as our little ones are healthy but at times it does get too much and every now and again we need a good wallow to make ourselves feel better!

Maybe have a pamper evening, a bath etc early night some chocs whatever... that should perk you up again, you are doing so well you should be proud of yourself.

Take care x
  • Oh lovely your allowed to feel that way! Your very heavily pregnant, its been a long road to get there and you have a lot on your plate right now...its ok to feel overwhelmed by it all.

I absolutely take my hat off to you for the uni work your doing, I have trouble stringing a sentence together and spelling my name right at the moment, I don't know how your managing to get through uni work!

I know how you feel about being unorganised, our baby has clothes washed and folded but at my MIL's house and no where to put them here...it has a bed but no where to put `it...it has forumla but no bottles and I haven't even thought about my hospital bag.

But in all honesty providing they have a nappy on their bum and milk in their tummy and are warm and loved they'll be happy. Don't panic too much, it'll all come together soon.

xx
  • I was just about to post something similar. This stage of pg is so hard & with uni work too I dunno how you concentrate!!

Get lots of hubby cuddles

Xxx
  • Oh hon you have every right to feel this way!! Knowing some of the stuff you're putting up with at the minute, plus all the uni work you're doing its no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed with it all. Think of the positives though; the nursery has had its first coat of paint, wont be long until its finished with hubby being off this week, and then you can set about getting your furniture etc for bubs. So long as you have a moses basket/crib then the rest can wait until you feel more on top of things. Like Pickles says so long as they have nappy and milk they will be content to sleep on a blanket in a drawer for the first few weeks!!

You will be a fab mam, you just have a lot going on at the minute, but it'll get easier I promise. We are meant to have a spurt of energy in the last couple of weeks... still waiting on mine though! So you might get more uni work done then xxxxx