Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just turned into a blubbering mess

Just couldn't help it & started sobbing like a crazy lady!!

It's just I'm so uncomfy with my back & pelvis, so doing anything means doing it in pain. Feel like I'm on the go 24 hours a day as from 6am or 7am when madam gets me up I'm busy with her or housework, the cats or cooking etc then when I go to bed I'm still up every half hour or so to pee or cough!! I feel like I'm getting no rest & with M.E I desperately need it!! Hubby is working so much (11 days before a day off) plus he's pretty rubbish at seeing what needs done. For example he just sat on his phone basically watching me lugging washing around to be folded, putting more in the machine & more in the tumbler. No offer to help, just oblivious!!!

He's now sent me up for a bath after I sobbed about how shattered I am but he has a tendency to do the "whose more tired" competition coz he works such long hours!! I think he forgets I'm basically 24 hours!!!

I'm just so fed up now, in pain, stupid cough, a toddler constantly testing the boundaries & 4 cats one of whine vomits EVERY morning without fail.

Anyone know where I can sign up for a day off???

Replies

• Options
    And this is in addition to daily bouts of braxton hicks, crazy itching & carpal tunnel which leaves my dominant hand in permanent agony coz of course it's the one I use!!
  • Options
    How rubbish I hope you give hubby an earful your carrying his child you shouldn't be carrying anything up stairs! I would've lumped the clothes at his feet image

You neeed to take it easy I don't blame you for blubbering you need a break I was a blubbery mess this morn I know what you mean about hip+back ache x
  • Options
    You need a break hun. Have you no-one nearby that can take DD for the day?

Men are a bit useless at recognising when we need help. They have no idea how hard it is to be pregnant when the belly is getting huge and you are feeling tired. I'm starting to find it hard and this is my first! If I put my head down in the afternoon I'm out for the count for at least two hours image

Make sure OH knows you need help and make him clean up the cat sick for a few days!

• Options
    Aw you poor love image

Sadly thats the problem with being a stay at home mum, you just don't get a break! Your on call 24/7. I feel the same, I'm constantly on the go and everyone in our house seems to not bother doing things because they know I'll come along and do it for them! For example Rob always has a cup of tea at about 9:30pm, he likes his tea stupidly strong so always put the milk and sugar in, leaves the tea bag in and brings it in the living room. 5 minutes or so later he'll take the tea bag out but he NEVER puts the bloody tea bag in the bin or takes the spoon or cup in the kitchen!! He just leaves it on the high chair knowing I'll come along and tidy up after him. And I know this is a universal thing but why the hell can he not put his socks in the wash basket?? Its outside our bedroom door ffs!!!

Grrrr...men!

Sorry LC, hijacked your thread!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls.

Freckle- not really mum works full time & my sister is too wrapped up in her own stuff right now.

Just fed up I guess, hubby is always on about how tired he is. I know he works long hard shifts, leaving the house at 4am & arriving home at 7pm or if on lates leaving at midday and not getting in till 2am but he also sleeps like a rock so still gets at least 6 hours (and why is it men can never hear the lo crying in the night??) plus "hello hubby you're not pg too!!!" I'm sure he thinks I sit on the sofa all day, and sleep during madams nap time (I wish). I was up 8 times last night to pee & once for lo crying, that's more than once an hour!!

This cough is driving me mad, it's actually making me sick now I'm coughing so much. Feel like my lungs are full of rubbish & I can't cough it up!

Feeling totally sorry for myself.