Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TLC for me

Had to go to doctors today cos my throat feels like it has razor blades in it & I can't stop coughing to the point where i'm gipping. This has been going on for a month.

She said I should really be on antibiotics but would rather not cos of the baby but to come back at the end of the week if not better.

Would be eally reluctant to go on antibiotics now though.

Anyway, hubby has taken compasionate leave from his job to look after me & lily. So good to know I can have a lie in! He's working his notice anyway then has 2 weeks hol so I have 3 weeks of help HURRAH!!!!

On the crap side I do feel poorly!!!

Replies

• oh nooo!! theres so much going round at the moment! image

how lovely that your hubby is able to look after u and lil image

i wouldnt take the antibiotics.. i went to the docs about earache and decided id rather suffer than take anything that could possibly affect beano!
  • Aw hun poor you image

At least hubby has taken time off for you, I'd have to be dying before Rob did that for me!!

Hope you feel better soon.

xx
  • Ah that's good that he could get time off for you, 3 weeks of help will be bliss.

Hope you feel better soon, I had that sore throat a few months back & it's truly awful!
  • God I am sooooo ILL!!!

Was awake all last night with both my ears crackling & popping. Horrendous pain!

Everything sounds super loud & distorted.

Keeping an eye on my temperature but o.k for now.

miserablemummy.com

:cry:
  • Hun, I really feel for you. I had bronchitis at Christmas and had to go on antibiotics as I'm asthmatic and it was too much of a risk not to.

The doc explained that some anti bs are ok as they have been used so extensively by pregnant women. Perhaps you can ask if she can give you a 'safe' one?

I hope you start to feel bettter soon.

R x
  • aww yay for hubby letting you get your rest! i have a cold (not as bad as yours i know) but i wish OH would be allowed time off for me to sleep!! everything is 10times harder to manage when your this pregnant isnt it? try and get plenty of rest and fluids hun and alot of antibiotics are safe in pregnancy so discuss all options with your doctor, baby needs a healthy mummy, hope you feel better soon xx