Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Indigestion so bad I can't eat!

Hi all,

My indigestion and acid has now officially taken over my life! I'm finding it impossible to eat much, I barely manage half of what I was tucking away a couple of weeks ago. I don't fancy anything and just wish I could bypass the eating all together, click my fingers and feel full and satisfied!!!

I usually love food and eating but I'm hating it at the mo. I had this with DD but bit later than 31 wks so am finding the thought of 9 more weeks of this horrific. Even the gaviscon is hardly touching it.

I remember with DD that I ate a lot of rice pudding in the last couple of weeks as it made me feel warm and full but didn't make the constant indigestion too much worse.

Does anyone else have a food that they manage when indigestion is really bad? I'm thinking that 9 weeks of rice pudding might be a bit on the dull side so looking for some other ideas!

Thanks all x

Replies

• Options
    I feel for you! I have chronic heartburn usually in the eveings. I asked my MW for some tablets as I don't like the liquid, but I ended up being prescribed the liquid. I tried it but it makes me gag to the point of nearly throwing up. I find milk and bananas help to a certain extent but not a long term thing, its one of those things we will have to endure til the end! xx
  • Options

I've been having this problem very recently except I can't eat or drink a thing! It hurts so bad and it feels like I'm literally starving because nothing I eat or drink feels okay. image I just don't know what to do!