Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hmmm, quite strong period-like cramps - advice please!

These have just started this morning. I'm 34 weeks. I have like a constant dull period like cramps and it sort of keeps getting worse and then easing. Should i call mw?

Its hard to know but it could also be constipation pains as it feels that way image

R x

Replies

• Options
    It could be anything hun, could be braxton hicks or like you say a need to go to the toilet. I would keep an eye on them and see what happens over the next few hours then you will be able to make a more informed decision xx
  • Options
    Hi hun

I wouldn't worry too much if its constant. Contractions have a definiate beginning and end and while they can feel they a period type pain they feel tight with it if that makes sense. It could be anything from braxton hicks to your uterus stretching or baby laying in an awkward position.

If they get stronger or start to feel more contraction like I would give your mw a ring.

xx
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I've done a bit of googling and they seem quite normal. They stopped for an hour and then came back. They come in waves but I haven't had anything with them, like a show, so I'm just trying to ignore them! I'm assuming if I was in early labour I'd know about it!!

R x
  • Options
    Ive had that too, i'm 33+ 2 but I think its just a bit more stretching as baby will be piling on the pounds now.

I think you'd know if it was labour, as I recall mine started off as period style pain and back ache but was noticeable that it came at intervals. Plus my tummy went kinda hard too.
  • Options
    I keep getting them too, think they are just stretching pains.
  • Options
    Might be the baby engaging, this can happen waaaay before birth, I'm 32 and the doctor said it was normal with me. V.annoying as I can feel the baby in my pelvis lols! V.uncomfortable :roll:
  • Options
    Hope you are feeling ok tonight hun? xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice guys.

They're still coming and going, I think its a combination of him starting to engage, braxton hicks and a slightly dodgy tummy image

Oh the joys!