Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hate taking Iron tablets!!

I thought they were supposed to make you constipated, uh no!! Not in my case. I have a dodgy stomach all day long and have to go about 3 times a day....I usually only go once a day sometimes not at all. I dont know if its the tablets or the fact that I have to drink orange juice when I take them! Also got given liquid heartburn releif which I cant take as it makes me gag and nearly throw up when ever I take it so I'm fighting a losing battle on that front. Aren't the last few weeks just so glorious?!

Hayley 35+5 xx

Replies

• Oh poor you, i'm the other way and nicely bunged up ! LOL

Gosh in my last pg I drank gaviscon directly out the giant bottles they used to give you (dunno if they still do), can you keep tablets down ? As you can still take things like rennie or gaviscon in tablet form. I use the fruit rennies or milk of magnesia.
  • Yes I can take the tablets which is what I asked the MW for but the Dr gave me liquid instead, the rate I go through the tablets is stupid, I'd be spending a tenner a week on them, thats why I wanted them prescribed. Not sure if they can tho! Think I'd rather be constipated! xx