Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why me?!

Why do I always get a mean midwife?!

Went to the day ward today to check if baby is still breech, which it is surprise, surprise! And the midwife was really mean! It didn't help as I was by myself cos hubby can't take anymore time off work without it affecting pat pay, but she was horrible!

She scanned me to tell me baby was breech and then made an appointment for me to see consultant on Tuesday to have baby turned! I explained that I had discussed this before and would like to refuse the evc procedure, butane went off on one at me saying that I was ridiculous to say such a statement even though I have fully researched it!

Hubby's coming with me on Tuesday even though he's on nights because I feel like they will push me into having it done!

Sorry for the moan!

Replies

• Options
    Oooo what a meanie!! Some can be total b*tches, I have managed to avoid the one I got first as she was awful about my needle phobia. Remember her face :evil: and refuse treatment from her!! She sounds like a know-it-all, something you can't be in that profession as no birth is 100% predictable!! You want someone who respects your wishes, it's YOUR birth! Doesn't sound ridiculous to me not wanting the baby to be turned x
  • Options
    Sorry repeat x :roll:
  • Options
    What a cow. You could ring back and try and get another appointment before tuesday to talk it through with someone a bit more sympathetic! Tell them how you feel and how she has just trampled on your feelings!

If not stand by your guns if not having one is what you want, and make sure that bunny stands up for you too. I would also mention to your consultant how horrible the midwife has been.
  • Options
    Eeep repeat! And totally agree with justttc image
  • Options
    I agree with justttc.

I would also refuse an evc, I've heard they can be very painful and more traumatic for you and for baby than a c-section anyway.

xx
  • Options
    I agree with Justtc too, what a cow, some times these women think they are Hitler, sorry you had rough appt, hopefully you will get, or indeed demand someone else next week who will listen to you. xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls makes me feel better knowing that it's not just me being a hormonal cow! Hubby with me at the consultant so he will reassure me when being stubborn! Good idea about phoning them but got own midwife on tuesday before I go to hospital do will talk through it with her xx

Thanks for listening to me vent my frustrations! X image
  • Options
    jeez, she sounds like a battleaxe! they can only suggest the turning procedure to you, then its your choice to have it done or not, plus, they aren't very sucessful! remember that its always your choice xx
  • Options
    They can be such cow bags can't they?

I am quite surprised they dare be nasty to pregnant women - let's face it, with all the hormones raging at any one time they could easily get a wallop on the head!

Pregnant women are very dangerous specimens.

How dare they try & tell you whats best for you!

:x