Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So uncomfortable!!!

Indulgent winge, no need to reply just wanna get it out.

I'm impatient for this baby to come out, as is hubby. I'm driving myself loopy by constantly symptom spotting for labour, knicker watching for signs of mucas plug, constantly checking my bump to see if it's dropped etc etc. I'm driving myself mad & know I am but I can't stop & it's actually depressing me!!

Im suffering from an almost constant backache, my right wrist is sheer agony!! The carpal tunnel is awful, such pins & needles in my fingers using the hand is horrid especially in the morning. That first nappy change & getting madam dressed brings me to tears!!

I'm getting sharp shooting pains up my hoo-haa & it's really swollen especially (TMI) the bit between my vagina & bum hole (perineum????) which makes sitting uncomfy. My ball eases it a bit but can aggravate my backache.

Hubby keeps asking me to dtd as he wants to get the baby out, but I'm sure the rumpy pumpy is a bonus!! I just can't do it, too tired, too uncomfy!!

I'm not sleeping well due to aches, pains & peeing. During the day I want to just lay in bed & doze/watch telly but the 2 year old obviously stops that (and she's taken to 6am wake ups).

All in all I'm kinda miserable & dunno how I'll continue the next 2-4 weeks depending on bubs arrival!

Replies

• Oh hun

Wish I could say something to make you feel better image I feel exactly the same, constantly symptom spotting and I'm driving myself insane with it!

Are you under consultant care?

xx
  • No, saw my consultant once & she signed me off back to the mw care. My next appt is with a GP (as mw fully booked) on Tuesday.

I just need to get my mind straight & keep busy I think & hope these days fly by!! Not much I can do about the aches & pains I guess.

Hubby is back to work today after 8 days off (he's working 7 days) so I can get back into my every day rhythm and go from there.

Send me lots of positive mental energy!!
  • I could have wrote this post LC, i'm 4 days behind you & feel exactly the same.

I actually feel on the verge of tears most of the time.

My bits are swollen, shooting / period pain, peeing all the time, horrendous back ache.

I feel so grumpy & like i'm moaning all the time.

I feel like I cant run around after Lily properly & my patience isn't what it should be with her.

Apart from when I am laid in the bath the rest of the time I am in constant pain & just so so so fed up.

We were DTD last week but now bits are swollen I just can't bear the thought.

I had carpel tunnel last time & I remember vividly how bad it was, I feel so lucky to have dodged it this time.

Lets cry together booooooo

:cry:
  • Maybe it might be worth asking your gp to refer you to a consultant? I don't know anything about carpal tunnel, is it something that will go once you've had the baby? If it will and its really affecting your day to day life that much your consultant may induce you either early or on your due date.

xx
  • Yeah pickles, it goes within days of delivery. I was referred to the hand clinic who gave me a brace to wear on the wrist at night but although it helps calm down some of the numbness/pins & needles (but not get rid of it) it makes my wrist ache much worse. Kinda a catch 22 situation. It's caused by fluid retention so not sure it's on the list of reasons to induce, I'm gonna mention it again on Tuesday though.