Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Girls Names!

Hi, i know i posted last night asking whether you prefered the name Evie or Gracie but I just wondered what girls name others had picked out or like...

Think we have finally agreed on a boys names! well hubs has just said he agrees to my original name that he has objected to for the last 9 months so hoping he means it!! But im till unsure on girls...

I like Evie and Gracie but dont know if i LOVE them... i really thought I would hear a name and think YES thats the one, but I dont really get that with any girls names! Please share you names! xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    As I commented on your other post, we are having Yvie but on our 'shortlist' were:

Darcey

Freya

Isla

Cerys

I have no idea if this rings true for anyone else, but when we were expecting our first baby we were a million percent set on a boys name from day one, but bickered like children over a girls name and even up until we had our gender scan, we had no idea what we would call a girl. I honestly believe this is because I 'knew' DS was a boy literally from as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I just knew I was having a little boy. This time round, although we are team yellow, we are both swaying towards thinking we are having a girl and strangely enough we have been set on our choice for a girls name almost from the word go, whereas we are still having second thoughts about the boys names we have shortlisted. So I guess after all my waffle what I am trying to say is maybe you are having a boy and that is why you are more settled on a boys name?? xx
  • Options
    Its funny you say that as I have thought im having a boy since my early scan at 9 wks 5 days image I dont know why, just a feeling I get... bound to be a girl now LOL xxxx
  • Options
    OMG then maybe you are!! I was like that with DS, even started buying blue and boyish sleepsuits and vests after 12 week scan as I was so sure. Hee hee, exciting stuff!! xx
  • Options
    We have chosen Aurelia but i really like Annabella and Sofia so we'll see.

I also love love love Elsie, Freya, Clara, Pheobe and Rosalie.

Emma.xx
  • Options
    We are going to call our little princess Cerys! other names on my list were

Emily

Ava

Caitlin

Annelise

Sophie

Bethany

Ruby

Stephanie........... the list goes on image
  • Options
    Our girl's names were:

Sophie

Lexi

Isla

Hope you find something that you both love very soon!
  • Options
    With our DD we had Rebecca, Natalie and Rachel in list but decided Samantha was the one we liked best. This time around we have Hannah as our fave at moment but also have Abigail, Gabrielle and Josie as possibles. And be warned Hubby and I were certain Samantha was going to be a boy until we were in the delivery suite and the MW said you've got a good fast heartrate there that's a girl trying to get out. This time around we both disagree so are waiting to see which of us is right. :lol:
  • Options
    The girl names I liked are:

Darcey

Lottie

Daisy

Ruby

Betsy (I loved this, Rob really didn't! I wanted to call it Betsy Coco if its a girl...Rob say's I should be shot!)

Belle

Emily

Anastasia

xx
  • Options
    Oh and my daughters are called Abigail Eden but we call her Abby and Lily Fay who gets called Lala or padster! So obviously I like those names too!

xx