Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Braxton hicks doing my nut in today!!

Been getting them since about midday, tummy goes really hard & makes me need to pee. Stomach tightened so much my belly button even went back in!! They stopped a bit around 1pm for a couple of hours but are back again.

They're not painful just uncomfortable, I've never had so many for such an extended time before!! Think dinner & a bath is in order!

Replies

• ooooo this could be it!! maybe things are starting??? hope either it does or they bugger off for you! lol

• Well I'm about to get in the bath so hopefully it'll stop them. I don't think it's the real thing, far too sporadic. You never know though so lots of relaxation this evening for me!!
  • I just have these constant period type pains...they do actually hurt a bit and its just annoying now because its so constant theres no way it could be anything major happening, its just my body messing me around!

xx
  • Sounds annoying pickles!! My period style pains come and go thankfully & are quite mild. It's the tightening annoying me, has me peeing even more than usual and that's saying something for me!! It practically causes my tummy to frame the baby, so weird!!

Anyway bath seems to have helped as they've calmed down a lot now.
  • Ah BH are so annoying! Mine have been like that for a few weeks and are getting worse every week. I keep thinking that they can't get any stronger without my head actually shooting off my body but they do! I now have to breathe through them like a real contraction as I can't talk and need to concentrate on filling my lungs. I've given up even wondering if they mean anything is getting started as it's been happening for so long. I only had them for last time from 38 wks with DD (born at 40 wks) but they have been off the scale this time.

Hope the bath helped! X
  • Am I the only one not getting any Braxton Hicks yet?!