Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my sweep! *crosses fingers*

Apparently baby not *totally* engaged, which doesn't surprised me as am more comfortable today, but I am 1cm dialated hooray! I figured something was better than nothing :lol: . Sweep was uncomfortable but bearable, there was a little blood but not too much and hubby has managed to take a day off to walk me round the local park for a picnic cross fingers things will get moving!!

COME OOON BABY!!

Replies

• Wooo! Come on Kitten!! xx
  • Just had a bloody show, hope it finally kicks off!
  • Yay - sounds promising. Keep us all updated, all the best and good luck xx
  • I had my sweep today too but no show for me image I'm 2cm and baby is very low. Had period pains but they are going now. I'm 3 days over and truly pissed off image is there anything else I can do to.encourage baby to get out? Would dtd help?
  • fingers crossed it works hun!! xx

yes they say dtd does help!! so get busy!! xx
  • OOOh sounds very promising!!! Goodluck!!! xxx
  • Yay, hope things kick off for you now after all your false starts! xxxx
  • Yay!! After my bloody show I was in labour within hours so hope it's the same for you!
  • Thanku ladies! Am getting quite regular period pains so cross fingers something will happen in the next 48 hours image

Awww Angel00uk that sucks image yes DTD! Walk about as much as poss and bounce on that ball. TBH show can mean nothing as according to the consultant the plug can grow back and you can go into labour with no show, I am hoping mine doesn't grow back :roll: but am hoping this is a sign, please no more false starts!!
  • Oh exciting about the period pains. I'm getting some again tonight do fingers crossed were not going to be kept waiting much longer! image