Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

He just won't nap!!!!

It's getting so frustrating as he's either feeding or crying. There is no in-between & getting anything done is impossible. While I'm writing this he's crying but I'm at the end of my tether!!

I can't shower, do any housework, laundry, toilet trips even feeding Charlotte is so hard!!!

Hubby is working a 7 day week and we're only on day 3 & I'm shattered!!!

Replies

• Options
    My lo was the same the best thing I did was visit a cranial osteopath. I really think it worked for us. The osteopath said he may have been suffering headaches when he is on his back due to tightenings in his neck. Some people are Skeptical but even if it was the placebo effect he sleeping habits are better......not perfect but better!! xx
  • Options
    He just wants to feed constantly but then will feed for a few minutes, fuss around, pull about, and end up hurting my nipples from all the pulling around. Eventually he stops feeding & seems asleep but as soon as I put him down he's screaming again! I wondered if for some reason he wasn't getting enough milk so gave him some formula, he drank 2 bottles of 5oz burped after each and still continued screaming.

Charlotte also decided to join in the screaming this afternoon and I literally had to shut them both away & go cry myself!! I can feel myself getting so angry with them both which is unfair. But for gods sake I just want 5 mins to sit down in peace!!

Hubby says at least I'm at home, he has to go to work for 9 hours plus 3 hour commute for 7 days this week but at least he gets a flippin lunch break & can pee when he wants!!!! Right now I would happily swap places with him.

I've now got Charlotte to put to bed, I'd love for Thomas to go to bed but I know that won't happen!
  • Options
    Aw hun

I don't know what to say really. I do know how you feel though. If its not one of mine crying its another! Do you think he might have hit the 6 week growth spurt? Freddy had a few days last week where he was either eating or crying but touch would seems to have got past it now.

We tend to let him cry it out. I feel awful doing it but if I know he's clean, full and tired I'll swaddle him pop him down and leave him with his white noise on. He'll cry for a good 10-15 minutes but I keep going in and shhhhing him and putting my hand on his chest so he knows I'm around and eventually he drops off. Sometimes he'll drop off and start up again 10 minutes later which is really annoying. If he isn't properly settled after 30 minutes then I'll get him up and offer food, change him, play with him etc before putting him down again but the worst thing is when he gets overtired, he's terrible when he's overtired. Does Thomas have a dummy?

xxx
  • Options
    Jacob is exactly the same. If he's awake he wants to be on the boob or he's crying! He goes on for 5-10 mins pulls around, comes off, sleeps for a few minutes then wakes up crying and wanting to go back on again! Argh!!

Yesterday i was at the end of my tether. image His crying seems to have increased and all that settles him is the boob. If he falls asleep and i put him down he wakes and starts screaming. I'm rubbish at leaving him to cry as i just can't bear to hear it and he doesn't stop. It's a nightmare with a toddler too!! I just wish he would sleep in his basket but he won't settle.

How about a sling. I'm going down that route from tomorrow. Hubby took him out in the sling earlier and he slept for a few hours. Think it's the only way i'm going to get anything done this week! I feel your pain. x
  • Options
    oh lamb! its tough with 2 aint it?!!? i resorted to giving sophie a dummy.. shes 9 weeks tomorrow! she seems alot more settled with it, and we only use it to calm herself.. we take it out just before she fully falls asleep!

its growth spurt city for lots of us at the mo, its so hard but it will pass!!