Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gain.

Hi All,

Aurelia is due to be weighed tomorrow but i've weighed her myself and she's the same weight as she was 2 weeks ago. She's been eating well bit of relfux but nothing too major...anyone elses baby not gained...did HV say anything?

Emma.xx

Replies

• Options
    Hun, I'd wait & see what she comes out as on the hv scales before worrying too much. They'll be much more sensitive then your scales how you're doing it.

Xx
  • Options
    We have also had issues with Griff's weight. He has had a weight gain of only 1 and half ounces in 2 weeks and since birth dropped from 25th to 9th to 2nd centile. Although he has stopped losing weight he is putting on so little he has dropped on the centile charts. I am bf'ing with a bottle of formula at night. HV has been supportive and suggested I try and get more rest and told me to eat more carbs and dairy etc. She is coming back next week to weigh him again... Her view is that as long as babies are gaining and not losing weight then a very small gain is fine. Personally I'm not happy hence her coming back next week when he will be 6 weeks old. At 4 weeks he was still not back at his birthweight.

Is Aurelia bf or ff? Personally I feel if Griff has not gained significant amount of weight I will be considering doing much more mixed feeding in an attempt to help boost his weight or potentially drop the bf altogether...