Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramp/ache on one side.

Sorry to g/c ladies from DIJ but I thought you ladies might have the answer..

I am 11DPO and had my BFP at 8DPO. I am having a dull ache/cramp in my left groin/hip area. It eventually travels down into my leg. Am petrified it could be a bad sign.. Convincing myself of the worst. I have had it today since about 5.30 and also had it in the evening at about 7/8 DPO in the same place. Any advice or ideas much appreciated..

MrsEH

oooh and good luck to all you lovely ladies. image

Replies

• Hi Mrs EH,

I remember getting period type pains very early in my pregnancy say between 3- 5 weeks in or so, but that was all part of the pregnancy experience. Is it that type of pain you are experiencing?

20+1
  • sorry i cant be of much help, not had that kind of thing myself...& not quite sure what dpo stands for, i blame pregnancy brainimage ...
    tho i wouldnt automatically think it signals a problem, you can get aches & pains from your uterous stretching & could posibly be affecting a nerve.... but again as ive not had it i wouldnt like to say anything for definate sorry xx
  • Hi, I'd say it's probably just stretching and nothing to worry about. But if it gets any worse, if you get lower back ache or/and you feel constipated type pain call nhs24. I don't want to worry you but I had that last time with my ectopic and I had no idea to look out for those symptoms.

But I am currently 6+5 and have aches andniggling pains mostly in one side at a time and I've had an early scan so know things are in the right place. So don't panic, as it'll be nothing but I always thinks it better to know what to look out for.

• Hi MrsEH, I know itts easy 4 me to say, but try not to worry. This is all completely normal and I experienced the same when I first found out I was PG and for a couple weeks after. I still get the odd twinge now and then aswell.

hellonumber3!! 'dpo' stands for 'Days Past Ovulation' lol