Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012

desperate to tell people!

It is so good to have some anonymous people I can tak to about being pregnant! Is everyone else waiting til 12 weeks to spill the beans?

Last time I waited til 12 weeks to tell anyone other than my husband, partly because I was terrified of telling my parents even though I was 29 and engaged!!

This time I really want to run around telling my family, my friends from baby group and especially the girls at work as there are 3 other pregnant girls in the office all about to go on mat leave in the next few weeks, want to tell them I have joined the club!

Think I will try and hold out until after the scan though, although if I start feeling really ill I may own up to explain the state of me. Think I might tell my manager in a week or so too....maybe it is good for someone in the office to know I am expecting in case i faint or anything...and so I can go for midwife appointments without any issue!

Replies

• I've told family and a few friends but waiting a little bit longer to tell the others.

I know how you feel. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! image

Xxx
  • Was just coming on to post the same thing!

I thought I would be able to wait but am so excited I want to tell people! So we have moved our private scan forward a week to 24th September. That all being well think we will start telling people then. We are away from Sunday to Wednesday so next Saturday should come quite quickly. xx
  • I've told my parents and two of my friends. I don't think I'll tell anyone else until 12 weeks, my friend was due yesterday and I don't want to rain on their parade. I've also only just gone back to work after having my son, so I'm a bit embarrassed to tell work! But I've spent most of today trying not to throw up so if it gets much worse (and it probably will - I'm only 4+6) I'll have to tell some colleagues.
  • I am having to bite my tongue to stop myself from telling every person I see! We've only told parents and my sisters for now, but I'm dying to tell everyone! I'll have to tell my boss before my booking in appointment so I can get the time off work, and will probably tell close friends closer to my 12 week scan, and then go public after the scan. x
  • I know exacly what you all mean! Its soooo hard having such a great secret and having to spend the first 12 weeks keeping it to yourself.

We've just told parents and siblings for now. Will probaly tell a few good friends in another couple of weeks, but the rest can wait till after scan day!

Are you wishing the next few weeks away like i am? This is our first baby and im such a worrier!
  • Yes, I'm wishing the time away, partly so I can start telling people and partly because I'm a worrier too. My last pregnancy was perfectly healthy, but it says on the front page of this site that 1 in 4 pregnancies can end in a miscarriage which is a scary thought. And there have been all the high profile ones lately like Lily Allen, Amanda Holden, Kelly Brook....just keeping everything crossed.
  • Aargh, one of the girls at work just asked me over lunch if I have any baby news yet as she knows we were trying. I hate having to lie and say "nothing yet!"

I'm convinced I am not going to make it to 12 weeks before spilling this time!