Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Week From Hell! But with a happy ending :)

Hi ladies!! I haven't really been on here much at all lately and well what a week from hell I've had!! I'll tell you all about it in case any of you find yourselves in the same situation and need some reassurance. It started last Sunday when hubs and I had a naughty takeaway and I felt ill almost immediately afterwards with stomach cramps... it was worse the next day and thought I'd got a stomach bug but weirdly with no diahorrea or vomiting. Had my booking in appointment on the Tuesday and I asked the midwife about it and she said it wouldn't affect Baby and to make sure I kept myself hydrated. But the pains got worse over the next few days and became localised to just the left-hand side of my stomach... I began to worry that it wasn't just a stomach bug, especially as I had none of the other stomach bug symptoms. So I called up the maternity hospital and they said go to A&E right away. Just before we left I noticed I had some brown spotting, at which point I lost plot completely and was sure it was the beginning of the end. Hubs was brilliant and calmed me down and said let's just get you to the hospital before we think the worst etc. So at the hospital the doctor saw me within about 20 minutes, which on a Saturday night in A&E is unbelievable, so by this point I was convinced I was having an ectopic and about to lose my precious LO. I had blood pressure taken a hundred times and a urine test and an abdomen examination and they sent me home saying everything seemed normal but that they were booking me in for an early scan on Monday just to be on the safe side. And to go back if anything changed... which it did a few hours later wen the spotting got worse. Cue the exact same thing happening all over again but with a 2 hour wait this time!! Then basically hubs and I had a hellishly long day yesterday waiting for my scan this morning.

So I had my scan this morning and saw 2 things: 1. our ickle ickle baby wriggling around (in the right place!) complete with little flashing heartbeat!! He or she is 9mm long and they dated me at 7 weeks, which matches my date exactly image And 2. in the place I have the pain, a collection of gross little marble- type things and big gaps... yes ladies as embarrassing as this is the whole thing was caused by uber constipation and wind!! Well except the spotting which the scan lady said was implantation bleeding and was quite common. She said not to worry about it if it's brown and to get in touch if it becomes red or a lot heavier. She was really reassuring image and I was hella embarrassed about the poo being shown to hubs LOL he wasn't expecting to see that!!! So that's my story... week 6 has been one from hell and to top it off the nausea got about a million times worse this week! But wouldn't change that for the world- it means my LO is growing strong!! HTH anyone who is worried about similar symptoms- it doesn't always mean bad news, so get checked out asap and hopefully have your mind put at rest too xxxxxxx

Replies

• oops, sorry for double post!!
  • Hey chuck!

Oh bless you!! I bet you were so scared, horrible having anything other than normal cm!!

Pleased everything has turned out to be ok, albeit a little blocked!! hehe!! Lactulose will sort you right out, a really sugary syrup, used it through my last pregnancy! Etiher that or a nice punnet of prunes (uck though!!)

Mrs RF
  • Aww. Brilliant news hun although its a shame you felt so ill.

Glad your on the mend image

• Just read this after posting on the other thread...so glad everythings ok and your feeling alot less unblocked!

How exciting you got to see you bean so early on! Cant wait to eventually see ours.
  • Woken up this morning and im not feeling great. The thought of food is making me want to be sick. Cant even open the dishwasher without it making me gag! Uh oh, it seems my sickness may be starting to kick in!
  • Thank u girls! Mrs RF yes I think may havev to try prune, can't have lactulose as am lactose intolerant. Eeww tho!

Glitter__em u poor thing! I know how u feel hon, everything makes me heave at the mo! I think nausea really kicks in at 6 weeks for a lot of ppl xxxxx
  • CantWait4LOs sorry you had such a horrible time but how lovely you got to see your bean so early!

Think I might have to try the prunes myself :lol:
  • The exact same thing happened to me at 7 weeks - the comsultant actually pointed to the gas and said it was the biggest piece of trapped bowel gas she had ever seen!! I am currently sat here typing whilst pushing my 7 week old daughter in her pram with my foot trying to soothe her to sleep, so try not to worry too much anymore in a few months time you will have a very funny story to tell xx
  • Thank u both! Glitterbug how lovely and reassuring, thank u xxxxxx