Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012

May Bumps and Ladies What Lunch!!

Hi girls, for any of you who didnt see my last post on the morning sickness thread. I decided to create a thread where any genral chit chat can go on about pregnancy, annoying husbands or simply what your up to at the weekend!

Nothing seemed to be floating about yet in the may forum, so thought ild get going with it.

Ive had a poop day at work today and im sitting here starving (whilst feeling sick) waiting for hubby to get back from the gym so he can cook dinner. Cant face cooking these past couple of nights, but seeing as i cook all the time anyway and really quite enjoy it usually...im sure hubby can help out for a while hehe.

Hows everyone elses days been?

All i can say is roll on the weekend already!!

Replies

• hi Glittery_em

I've had a bit of an poop day too had to give back our kitten as he was just not settling in with us but as soon as we took him back to his original home he was fine and settled back in right away image

im the same with cooking at the min to just cant face it was the same with my little girl,certainly made the OH cooking skills better then before we got together lol

lisa xx
  • aww your poor kitty! Does that mean you'll get another one though. I love cats, have 2 myself image

Our poop days will soon be over. Just managed to get the dinner down, fancy something naughty to eat now mmmmmm.
  • My OH read some of Emma's Diary last night ( the book the GP gave me) he found the bit about sex and was made up reading all the hints and tips out to me, typical! So I found the page on becoming a dad and read out about how I will suffer extreme tiredness and how he should help out with cooking and housework.... He then decided he was tired and didn't want to read anymore! Lol!! X
  • Pudding77... that post made me laugh out loud!

We've started reading the books too, don't know about anyone else but the more I read, the more worried and nervous I get. These men have got it so easy. lol.

I'm still fine with cooking, which is good. Once the hubby starts cooking I'll be fearing for my health, he can't even coordinate a boiled egg and toast to be done at the same time, so who knows what I'll be eating!!!

xxx
  • Pudding LOL at your post :lol:

Luckily my hubby is a fantastic cook and enjoys it so I know if I don't feel up to it he will happily do the cooking, at the moment we have the arrangement that I cook during the week because I get home and hour before him and then he cooks at the weekend. He also did all the housework himself last weekend because I was so ill, I do have one in a million but shhhh don't tell him or he'll get swollen head :lol:
  • Hugs to those who are suffering. The 1st trimester is the hardest i find.

Well today i have had 2 McDonalds. Yes 2!! Breakfast and lunch. My goodness i'm gonna be so fat!!

I've had a few feelings of nausea the past few days but nothing serious. Its my back that's the worst. Sheer agony constantly.

I'm booking an 8 week scan on Monday. Can't wait!!

I've somehow managed to accrue 6 hours of leave from work so i'm finishing at 3pm today instead of 6. Little girl is with her grandparents for the day so gonna get cleaned up and put my feet up for an hour image

• Glad I made you laugh ladies image men are funny.... This is our first and the other week I said 'you know, this is the best my body is ever going to look' and he said 'not ever! You'll be back in shape after a few months!'. Ok darling, keep dreaming and see these pert boobs they won't be here after a few months of breast feeding!! He's certainly going to be in for a shock, bless him!

Vickymoo, I've been having back pain too and a period type pain only not as bad as period pain. I've been worried but my sister says it could be things stretching and moving, getting ready to make room for the baby. There's so much to worry about, can't wait for my scan to put my mind at rest xx
  • Yep hun it'll be the stretching, although i had it all way through my last pregnancy.

P.S about the boobs, when mine got really big and hard, i used to love walking by my husband and hitting hiom in the face with one of them. The look on his face was priceless!!

lol x
  • Oh Vickymoo, I'm so glad you said that, I slightly less worried now image x

And LOL about the boobs, I'm only a C cup so pleased they're filling out xx
  • Yes hands up here for the stretching pains! Oh and the big boobs, hubby is enjoying watching them grown bigger, he hasn't realised they won't stay like that after breast feeding either :lol:
  • :lol: such funny convosations going on here!!

Thats boobs comment it hilarious, i think i may have to slap my hubby with my new swollen boobs, see if that gets him doing some of the housework!!

Pudding im a terrible worrier also, ive now got 2 very good pregnancy books which are great at putting your mind at ease!

Vickymoo how exciting about booking an 8 week scan! We will wait for the 12 weeker, and being a worrier im flapping about when thatll be booked as i dont work in the sort of job where i can leave for an hour and go back, or have the day off to last minute. Especially when your keeping it secret! Im sure i can change the date if its going to be to difficult!

Palepinkroses, i think these men are in for a shock over these boobies! Still, it could be a good excuse for when wanting to start trying for no.2! image
  • Hi ladies,

If you read my new post you will see why I haven't been around. Glad you are all doing well xxx
  • Just told my boss this morning that I am pg, he is very happy for me and has promised to keep it a secret until I'm ready to tell everyone. We also had a discussion about babies, morning sickness and scans etc - he has two small children and is very much a family man! Guess I am lucky to have such a genuinely supportive boss image

Hi Jacobsmummy, I have replied to your thread, glad everything is OK for you xx
  • Ah glad that he is supportive!

My boss, although I havent told him yet, is due his first baby in December so hoping he too will be supportive and understanding!

xx
  • Hi, how has everyones weekend been?

Had my first experience of dry retching into the loo this morning, nice! All thanks to having no milk for my tea and cereal, so i rushed to get dressed and go to the shop and smelt last nights dinner on my clothes :lol:

Im finding that i have to graze all day, otherwise if i go hungary i feel ill. And weirdly enough i do feel worse first thing in the morning untill ive had my breakfast. so at the mo it really is morning sickness for me.

I bought some gingernuts in the shop at the same time as the milk. Any excuse for a biscuit image

I have my booking in appointment today, its not till 3.30 so gutted i have to wait and waste most of my day off for it to arrive! I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully its better than my first doctors appointment all thanks to a nosy receptionist!

Right better find some motivation to hang some washing up and load the dishwasher. Somehow jeremy kyle seems more appealing!! :lol:
  • I've spent another weekend between the bed and the loo, all day and all night throwing up image Went to the doctor this morning and she's given me a prescription for anti sickness tablets to take when it gets really bad. I do hope this gets better in the second trimester!
  • Oh no PalePinkRoses image

I feel really bad for you, what an awful weekend. I've been ok, was feeling sick on Sunday but wasn't actually sick and today I feel great which has now got me worried I'm not pregnant, arrrgghhh!!! I'm bonkers! But my sister thinks all my worrying is going to make me a good mum, lol!! Xx
  • oh dear palepink, what a horrible way to spend a weekend! I read that sickness peaks at 7-8 weeks, so hopefully this means it'll slowly start to ease!

Had my health visitor appointment earlier! It was very quick. She filled in a form that gets given to the midwife. The midwide will call me when im 8 weeks (so that should be next week) and arrange to come and see me and do all the relevant things.

She didnt ask about hospitals so i made sure i requested where ild like to go. I was given a bounty pregnancy pack which has loads of stuff in to read!

Im a bit confused as to if my scan appointment is made before or after ive spoken to the midwife. The health visitor seemed to think they fax through the info as soon as she picks my form up. But with regards to hospital choices ive been told you should get surely she wouldnt!

All new and confusing, i guess only time will tell!

Looking forward to speaking to the midwife and getting her appointment booked!

Atleast now i know the ball has started rolling!
  • Thanks ladies, it seems to follow the cycle of three days constant throwing up all day and night then three days nausea, dizzyness and headaches and then three days of sick.... I do hope it doesn't last for long, I'm worried my bean won't get the nutrients it needs image

Glittery-em it's so confusing about what should happen when and who does what isn't it? Doesn't help that different parts of the country seem to do things differently! I've got my midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon so will let you all know how I get on!
  • Sorry to everyone is suffering. I am too. I tend to feel sick all day and then throw up in the middle of the night, which means no sleeping image i feel horrendous.

I'm fancying a KFC for lunch. What do you think? lol