Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dying hair during pregnancy

I'm due to head to the hairdressers next weekend to top up my blonde (booked before my bfp) and i've just read on mumsnet that you shouldn't dye your hair during pregnancy! ARGH I did with my first pregnancy and he's got all his fingers and toes haha but now i've read that i'm worried (what is it about this pregnancy all i seem to be doing is worrying!!). What do you ladies think - if i don't do something with my hair i'll have roots to my shoulders by May (not attractive haha!)

xx

babyprincess

Replies

• Options
    I used to be a hairdresser and the only reason they advise against it is they say some of the bleach can pass through your scalp and get into your bloodstream. But i've never heard of this actually happening.

Also, pregnancy can make your skin sensitive and the fumes could make you dizzy.

Personally i actually think its rubbish. We never refused to treat a pregnant woman and i've never heard a case of where something bad has happened.

I did pass out at the hairdressers last time i was pregnant but that was because i was hot. Nothing to do with the treatment.

I'll still be dying my hair. My hair is blonde too.

If it still bothers you hun, go for highlights. The colour won't touch your skin then.

• Options
    I always had highlights in my first pregnancies and am planning on doing so in my second!!

Go for it!

Mrs RF
  • Options
    thanks ladies,

xx