Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A week of heartache but a happy ending!

Hi ladies,

Haven't been on this week at all as I ended up going to epu last Friday after some cramping, spotting and diahorrea. After a long 4 hour wait I saw a doctor who gave me a blood test and internal examination. The blood test has left the biggest blackest bruise covering half my arm. But after the examination he told me my cervix was open and this ment if it hadn't already happened the over the weekend the pregnancy would end and I would miscarry the baby. He said several times in several ways this pregnancy would certainly go no further. So I was obviously devastated. When I phoned up for my blood test results they said the hormone was very high so to go back for a scan. I was away until today so booked for today. they told me this was to see if miscarriage had happened and or completed and if I needed any intervention.

So after the longest week I go back today. And there's a baby and a heartbeat!!! To say I was shocked was an understatement! Couldn't stop crying with happiness. Had to go back to epu and the nurse told me as I have already had a baby my cervix will never completely close and doesn't know why the doctor told me that last week! So I am able to come back to the fold after thinking I was definately leaving you! Xx

Replies

• oh hun, so glad everything turned out ok! Bloody doctors telling you wrong things! How annoying!

I think you most certainly deserve some pampering for the rest of the week and weekend.

Good to know you will still be around!
  • Thank you hunny. My husband is still in shock and keeps asking me are you sure there was a heartbeat! Xx
  • Oh honey! So sorry u have had such an awful week, u poor thing image

I am so so glad it worked out and that your little bean is ok! image what amazing news!! Congratulations!!! Xxxxxxx
  • What a horrible experience. Glad everything is ok xxx
  • gc just to say sorry you had to go through that. i know how you feel as i went through the same thing at 13 weeks. had a huge bleed told was inevatable miscarriage. and im still here and now 33 weeks goneimage just rest up as much as you can x
  • Oh hun what a terrible ordeal for you! So glad to hear you have a happy outcome image xx
  • Oh what an awful thing to happen, i have had a misscarriage myself and know what pain you feel when you hear those awful words.

I am so pleased that your baby is ok

Take care and rest as much as you can! x
  • Thanks Ladies

I am still so shocked that I am still pregnant and that a doctor can give such wrong information!

My husband wants to make a formal complaint, as he said he wonders how many others have been left heartbroken to find that he has given them the wrong information. And that otherwise he will just carry on in that way! But I dont know if I want to make a fuss.

What do you ladies think? xx