Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012

Insomnia

I can't sleep image my eyes are heavy i've got black rings like i've been 10 rounds with tyson and my back is sore from the constant rolling from side to side i do at night trying to find a more comfortable position to fall asleep in. Any suggestions ladies on what i can do to get some zzzzz's.

Thank you

one very tired pregnant lady,

x

baby_princess

Replies

• Get yourself a comfy maternity pillow hun i use a sausage one and put it between my knees and kinda hug it lol as they say laying on ur left is best it helps me to stay there! I was getting so i couldn't sleep too so got this out the cupboard last night best sleep i have had for ages image also u have a lot on your mind hun with being preggers try having a nice bath and unwind before going to bed xx hope u sleep soon u should be making the most of it while u can xxx let me know how u get on xxx image
  • I have been having this too, waking up constantly in the night so I googled it and read that it could be due to a lack of calcium. If you aren't getting enough then your body takes the calcium from your bones and it can cause sleeplessness ?? it had never crossed my mind but since pg, have really gone off coffee so my intake of milk has decreased. I have tried for the past few days of drinking more milk during the day and so far I have slept better, whether it's because of the calcium or just placebo effect I don't know LOL but might be worth a try.

Melissa 13+0 xx
  • G/C from due I June but I'm the same! Last week or so have just been tossing and turning all night and the bottom of my back is killing me. So annoying as I love my sleep! Also waking feeling really sick and sweaty - not nice.

I've never been a big milk person but did crave strawberry milk early on and now can't get enough cheese so maybe there's something in the calcium idea!

Might try the bath thing although I hate them - remember not to make the bath too hot as it's bad for baby to increase your body temp top much x