Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HaWorried :(

had 12 week scan on mon at 12 + 5 and all was well, however she had to press extremely hard to get nuchal measurement and it hurt. Since then have felt tender and bruised. This morning when I got up ( sorry to be graphic) I thought I wiped pink, but dismissed it as being silly. Then before leaving work it definitely was pink, and now browny pink.

Phoned midwife heard nothing back. Phone labor ward at hospital, they said rest if turns red or painful go in. said to lie down and rest and not to work tomorrow. I've had 2 miscarriages so worried, thought I'd be safe now.

Do you guys think could be scan? Or should I be worried? Also had similar at 5 + 3 weeks.

Lying in bed, scared to go to loo image

A sad annie x

Replies

• G/C from due in June but didn't want to read & run. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax as much as you can & get a good nights sleep. Fingers crossed it'll be one of those unexplained things & everything will be fine. Take care x
  • Oh hun I'm sure the scan has just unsettled things. Must be awful goe you. Fingers crossed all is well. Hugs. Xxx
  • You've got to 12 weeks- have you got this far before? 12 weeks is a real good mark to get to! Pink/brown is nothing to worry about- bright red is.

At around 9 wks I braved making love with hubby and had pink for a few days(sorry to go into details!!) maybe the pressing down hard just dislodged a few cells in the womb that aren't being used for pregnancy?! Hopefully it'll stop soon!! Xxx
  • Oh Hun I know it's hard not to worry. I had this with my last pregnancy, after 12 week scan went straight to the loo to empty my extremely full bladder & there was pink when I wiped. It lasted about 2 days & I was terrified but all was well & now my George is a healthy 16 mth old. Just try & rest & take it easy hun xx
  • I didn't want to r and r ! You have got this far hun take it easy and sending u huge hugs and i'm sure this will stop soon xxx
  • Oh hun as the others have said, take it easy and try not to worry (easier said than done I know!) sending you positive thoughts, sure everything will be fine xxxx
  • Thank you... Mid wife thinks prob down to scan, only spoken to her not seen. has gone to brown which is better, taking it really easy though and didn't go to work today.

Thanks ladies for advice and support, goes along way when you're having a bit of a panic!

Thank you x
  • Oh hon, so sorry u went thru this, but try to stay positive- the same thing happened to me a few days after my 12 weeks scan I started spotting and was taken to EPU (again, had same thing at 7 weeks). Was scanned again and Baby was fine, as was placenta. They said sometimes spotting just happens and is nothing to do with baby, it could be the cervix which is really sensitive at this time. So try not to worry, wishing u n bubs all the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • update!

well things haven't got a lot better... Have continued brown bleeding, so wasn't too worried kept reassuring myself. Have taken easy. Yesterday walked around small supermarket to get essentials, when I got home passed big clots, this worried me I have to say, still quite dark... But clots

Oh and myself went to a and e and were seen immediately, did tests. They also put a cannula in my arm and put me on a ward, so either thought I was staying in or it was end for baby.

In the end gyaeny person did internal examination, said could not see blood or more clots, also said was hard to see cervix so couldn't see if open. She said brown better than red, but equally thought clots unusual. She couldn't say miscarriage or not. Have scan booked for monday. Went home feeling slightly positive, however now bleeding again, so worried. I only have a slight pulled muscle sort of poison in left kind of panty line region, nothing to write home about. Help!
  • Ohhh Hun sending u big hugs !! bless your heart u must be worried xxxx If only they could have done a scan for u there and then!! thats annoying!! :evil: Is the blood still dark?? I had a bleed at 31 weeks last time it was bright red at the start but once it had stoped turned very dark and i was told thats good as its old blood. and my Son was fine image I have my fingers toes and everything else crossable crossed for a good result at ur scan xxxx what time is ur scan ?? Thinking about u xxxx
  • Also sending you big hugs honey, I know how hard it is waiting out the weekend out for a Monday scan but try to think positive as much as you can. I hope the scan goes well tomorrow and you can have your fears put to rest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • We bought an AngelSounds Doppler from Amazon.....and this evening we are pretty sure we heard the heart beat....we measured it at 160 beats a minute....so this has cheered me up....fingers crossed all is ok!
  • I've got one too hun and got mine at 160 so definitely your little one image Xx
  • Well, the scan went well. She got baby immediately, really clear image didn't have to press hard at all. So definitely is alive and still there, could not explain bleeding, said probably burst blood vessel.

well....what a weekend! Don't recommend it.

Wishing all you loverly ladies well, and breathing a big sigh of relief!
  • So glad everything is fine hon! Now put your feet up & pamper yourself, u deserve it! Xxxxx
  • thanks CantWait4LOs !!!!

what a relief!

• Yay Annie ssooo pleased for u hun xxx now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy xxxx image
  • Phew, so pleased for you, must have been the longest weekend for you. image
  • So pleased everything is ok for you, try and relax now and enjoy it.
  • Thank God!!!

So happy all is well, I would recommend time off work to rest, especially if its stressful and or physical.

co