Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Flutters!!

Hi ladies!!

I just wondered if anyone else is having fluttery quivery type happenings going on? I've been noticing them in the afternoons for the last 4 days and am wondering if it could be Baby!! I've read that first time mums don't start feeling movements until after 18 weeks or so and I'm only 14+2 so I'm not sure... it's not wind as I have plenty of that LOL imageops: I've also felt a couple of nudges but they did feel more like wind tbh. But the flutters are every day, and in the same region of my belly too... I thought it could maybe be muscular? My mum thinks it's the baby as he/she was super active on the scans and also my bump is really sticking out front for 14 weeks, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much!! Anyone else suspecting they can already feel baby's movements, or any veteran mums that felt movements early on?!

Sooooooo excited if it is Babycakes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• I first felt baby about a week ago, felt like a fish in a bag of water, this is my third baby. With my first I felt baby at 24 weeks, 2nd I felt baby at 18 weeks. The movements you have felt could be wind but could be baby too? enjoy cos it gets better xxx

Melissa 13+2
  • I felt My ds1 move for the first time at about 15 weeks and this one at 11 weeks LOL just flutterings to start but the occasional nudge now at 13 weeks image xxx
  • Oooooh might allow myself to get a little tiny bit excited then!! carlyfee, 11 weeks!!! Amazing! Really hope it is Baby I am feeling!! Thnx ladies! xxx
  • I wasn't convinced at first but i remember the feeling from ds1 image trouble is cos its not often atm i find myself sitting just waiting for it LOL I can't wait to feel the full somersaults image xxx
  • hahaha this is so wierd... reading through your comments thinking to myself... hmm have i felt baby or was it wind, then i get a lil nudge and that defo wasnt wind... eeekkk exciting times ladies xxxx
  • Sooooooo exciting babycarter! Our ickle people r growing bigger n stronger! image

My movements r gettin stronger, still in afternoons mainly n lasting into the evening a bit now, hubs n i r certain its Baby!! Feels amazing!! Xxx