Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

12 week scan(finally)

Hi girls,

Don't get to come on here much as working and have ds to look after- so not much time!

Finally had my 12 week scan- they dated me at 13 & 2, so due date is 14th may!

Baby was a real dancer and at one point we saw the whole palm of his/her hand almost pushing the sonography away!! We got some great scan pics too which was probably helped by the bubba being that extra week along!

I'm now worrying about the downs test! I didn't both having it done with ds. I'm sure I heard the sonographer say it was 7 (assume mm) which I've looked up and is a really big amount of fluid, thus high risk- I'm just Hoping I misheard and it was 1.7!!! We'll find out in a week or so time!

Anyone else gone for downs testing and how you feeling about it?

Cheers

Rach

Replies

• We've had the downs test, not sure how I feel about it really. It's a tough one because you either have it and worry or you don't have it and still worry. We are programmed to worry no matter what. lol.

Ours was a week ago so hopefully get the results soon.

My hubby was the one that really wanted the test, I wasn't so sure. But I'm glad I did now because I know if I hadn't then I'd be thinking and worrying if I made the right decision. Although I still don't know what I'd like to do if it came back high risk. :?
  • hiya,

sounds like you scan went amazingly well!! - just wait till you start feeling that active little bub in your tummy hehe :lol: our little bub was very peaceful and clam (lets hope it continues haha!)

We never got told the amount of fluid but i've signed the consent form for blood to be taken to determine the percentage risk - it wouldnt' make any difference to me though what the results say. I hope i'm thinking about the right test, do you test for downs by blood samples?

xx
  • Yes baby princess,

They do a combined test, they measure the back of the neck and do bloods.

Mrs RF, I'm sure she must've ment 1.7, 7mm would be a crazy amount of fluid. When do you get the results back. They told me they would send me a letter next week.
  • Ah glad it went well. So amazing isn't it! I too am sure that the fold was 1.7 not 7 ours was 2.4 which was apparently is low risk. We too had the bloods and were told we would receive a call within a week if we were high risk or a letter within 2 weeks if we were low risk.

So exciting to think we are all a third of the way through already!! Xx