Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Symptoms

Hello everyone I'm very excited to be joining you. Im due around the 3rd May with my 3rd. I have to boys 5 and 19 months. This was mine and my husbands first month of trying so very shocked we're here already all seems abigail unreal at the moment. I hate these first 12 weeks!! It's like we've got a secret no one else knows and all I want to do is shout it from the roof tops. This time I seem to be lacking symptoms I know I'm only 5 and bit weeks but usually I'm feeling queazy by now. The only symptom I've got is a bit of cramping. Wish I had a time machine and I could jump to oct and scan time .

Replies

• Hi Olliesmummy image congratulations! My edd is also 3rd May, few ladies with the same date at the moment.

I know what you mean about keeping it a secret, we've been trying for over two years and so we had a loads of comments about starting a family, and so now that's happened we can't ell anyone, its killing me lol

I also just want a time to rewind. Everyone says each pg is different, so I am sure that lack of symptoms is just one of them for you, be carefull what you wish for! lol For me it's been opposite and I keep thinking this can't be right, as my symptoms started even before I took a test.

Just some of them: awful headaches bordering on migrene - which I never ususlly get', peeing non-stop, cramping/severe cramping , nusea and dizzy spells - not throwing up yet!

I have had an early scan and awaiting one at 7 weeks..roll on time image

One  of those machines would be great!

What symptoms is everyone else having? xx

• Hello, my edd is 4th May and this is my first pregnancy. Got pregnant in the 2nd month of not trying not to, so a little unprepared and not knowing what to expect other than what I've read online.

Am feeling very tired and lots of trips to the ladies but dont know if thats the pregnancy or not!

I keep wanting to take a test all the time just to chekc I'm still pregnant!!x x

• Lucy I am sure you are still pg. Feeling tired and needing the loo more often are very good signs imageimage

I have just got this book and it is amazing, full of great info, great for first time mums, as well as ppl like me who have forgotten everything lol verry detailed full of tips, day to day guide.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Day---Day-Pregnancy-Book-Comprehensive/dp/1405332107/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346921256&sr=8-1

xx

• Just found out today im pg with number 3!! So far have really tender (.)(.) and feel sick first thing but im sure there is more to come. These first 12 weeks are so hard!! Since finding out about 3 hours ago i swear i feel crampy but its probably in my head!! x

• Hi ladies, I just found out I'm pregnant with baby no 2 on Friday image not really having many symptoms as yet, just slightly sore boobs on & off, however I do feel more hungry than normal and if I don't eat in time I start to feel light headed and a bit nauseous.

With baby no 1 I had no symptoms, only one bout of feeling unwell and that's when I hadn't eaten, I didn't actually believe I was pregnany until I saw the baby on the scan at 11 weeks! That was so wonderful and reassuring image

I went to a friends wedding yesterday and having to lie about why I wasn't drinking was awful (I bet a few people are suspicious haha!). Feel so tired this morning, almost like being hungover and I've got such a sore throat I can barely swallow image hope it gets better soon, croak!

How's everyone else feeling? x
  • MrsB....I was just the same during my 1st pregnancy...no symptoms and kept forgetting I was pregnant until I could feel baby moving lol!! This time I haven't had many symptoms yet...tender boobs on and off and a bit crampy like af is coming! And had a couple of headaches last week which really isn't like me! Maybe theres more to come this time...we'll see!

Hope all you ladies are doing ok! xxx

• Hi everyone, I seem to be suffring with really dry, chapped lips since becoming pregnant. Is anyone else having this problem?x x

• Dry mouth...me too but then dribbling at night! ha ha!

Off to have a white bread sandwich and la vach quie rit for my dinner! Nice and bland!

• Is it normal to feel sick, and like your going to faint 24/7? Felt like this for last couple weeks and if anything its getting worse image any advice ladies? X
  • No barnesie it's not u. We'd to see your doctor I would say x
  • Barnesie, i feel like that sometimes, are you eating properly? It might be you have low sugar levels.?

I haven't been sick, just feel terrible....image which I guess is a good thing!

• Before it was just nausea, and I ate little and often but just felt rubbish, but ova the last 15 hours every time I eat it just comes straight back up. I can only get away with drinking now image x
  • Hi ladies I'm due may 11th. My symptoms so far are very queasy, sore (.)(.) and really itchy image I've had to cut my nails off because I keep scratching and making myself bleedimage

My ds told me I was pg before I took a test lol..

Barnesie when I was pg with ds my sickness was so bad the doc put me on tablets to stop it carried on until I was 16 weeks I lost almost 2 stone in that time, as long as you can keep fluids down you should be ok but if it's unbearable go see your doc image I hope it gets better for you soon xx
  • Thanks mummy30, iv lost 1 and half stone in 2 and a half weeks. Have my first midwife appointment on Friday so fingers crossed I last till then, and they can give me advice. Hardly have the energy to stand tho

image x
  • You could try nibbling on dry crackers or ginger biscuits are great image

I almost just puked on my ds :/ stinky nappies are so much worse when your pg lol

Take it easy barnesie try and nap as often as you can image xx
  • Aww barnesie that's not good hun image the first 12 weeks can be rotten sometimes, try eating dry foods little but often, hope the midwife can help image maybe give you some safe meds? X hope you feel better soon xx

I've been awfully quesey and also still having back cramps that are like period pains, still worried its not real :/ but the tiredness, sore boobs and positive tests say different hey? Xx
  • I am going to find some ginger biscuits today....feeling very squeesy today!

• Omg ladies, sickness has kicked in big time, I've been feeling horrible for last three weeks, and although I felt like I willl be sick I haven't actually, just horrible feeling like I will be then nothing.

Well I started vomiting last night and same this morning! Feel awful, I have now put on those travel/ morning sickness wristbands..see if they help, I feel like I have a flu every single day, worst morning and evenings.

Barnsie sorry you are so ill, hope you can get some help asap.

Claire I wish I could have them, but can't stand smell og  ginger lol hope they help.

How is everyone else feeling?

xx

• Hi ladies, my EDD is 3rd of May do I'm 7 weeks and 2 days.

This has been my worst day yet, I feel awful! So, so sick and no energy at all. Just been for my weekly shop and must have looked awful cause people kept looking at me funny - I just want to cry today as really don't want to feel like this for the next 8 months!

Also I'm so cold all the time, freezing cold on the inside like I have the flu but I guess that's cause I'm so tired? And, for the last 3 days have been sort of sick at 5pm - not food though - just air! (sorry TMI).

Barnesie, I'd say get yourself to the Drs if you're being that ill. Big hugs xxx
  • Hi ladies, sorry to hear that some of you are feeling so unwell image I've not been feeling too bad, occasional bouts of queasiness but today I've not felt too grea at allt. Been having quite a lot of little pains low down and been feeling pretty sick, urgh its such a grim feeling. I didn't have any sickness at all with dd so I think this one must be a boy as I feel so different! Ha! x