Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Congratulations Everyone :-)

Hi Everyone

Im Laura and I am pregnant with my second child, due 2nd May 2013. I have a 5 year old little girl and was a regular on here when I was pregnant with her.

Im 6 weeks and 3 days but Ive had a rough week so Im looking for reassurance really image

I was suffering with pains a week ago last friday so was sent to the EPU for a scan..was told I was 5 weeks and 2 days and as they couldnt detect a heartbeat, I would have to go back in ten days (which is this tuesday). In the meantime, Ive been admitted to A&E with suspected appendicitis (which all turned out ok) and then last Tuesday, I started bleeding. Not a lot but enough to concern me so I was sent back to the EPU, they checked my cervix andadvised that it was still closed so I should be ok.

The past eight days have dragged and Ive made myself ill with stress..which I know is even worse for me. Has anyone else had a scan around 6 weeks and 5 days and could they find the heartbeat??

Sorry this is longwinded and again, congratulations to all themummies to be image

xx

Replies

• Hi!

Firstly ...Congrats on your pregnancy! Sorry to hear you're having a hard time at the moment!  During my first pregnancy I had really bad pains around week 7....so bad I was doubled over....I went for a scan at 8 weeks and the heartbeat was showing! I also had a bit of bleeding at around 11 weeks and a really big bleed at 15 weeks....but everything was fine and my daughter is now 2!

It is a very worrying time but please try not to stress yourself out....like you say its not going to do you any good! (easier said than done I know)  I'm not sure whether your scan will pick up a heartbeat at 6+5 but the doc must think that there will be something to see or you wouldn't have been asked back so soon! Hopefully some other mums on here will know more than I do!

Good Luck for tuesday....will be thinking of you....let us know how it goes! xxx

• Hi Laura and congratulations!! These first few weeks drag anyway without any worry so i can understand you must be going out of your mind!!! With my dd i had early cramps and went to epu and they could only see a "yolk sac" so i went back at 7 weeks and they found a heartbeat and she is now at happy healthy 3 year old image Im sure all will be fine just make sure you look after yourself . xxxx

• Hi there.

Just wanted to try to reassure you really: I had quite significant implantation bleeds with both my girls (not with this one though, yet) and had a scan at 6+ weeks with my second as was concerned, there was a teeny tiny little blip.

J x
  • Hope today went well for u xxx

• Thank you for your replies.

All went well..a little baby with a strong heartbeat. Im 7 weeks today image

Its put my mind at rest so much and im so much more excited now! Only 5 weeks until the 12 week scan image

How are you all feeling and when are you due? My DD so far is 01/05/13

Laura XX

• Hi Laura, firs of all  congratulations on  your pregnancy! So pleased all went well for you, must of been an amazing feeling knowing all is well image yes five more weeks to go, roll on time!

I had a scare myself, no bleeding but awful cramping and stubbing pains, so was sent to EPU, I was only 4 +6 so only yolk sac seen, that then worried me even more but I have found out since that it was too early to see anything else.

I am having my scan tommorrow and I am so nervous, praying all is ok.

It was very reassuring to read your story.

My edd is 3rd May, but wonder if that will change.

Just want time to speed up and get safely to 12 week point.

Hope you can relax now and enjoy your pregnancy image

xxxx

• Hey Laura, welcome to our group.

May13 - fingers crossed for your scan x