Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early scan

Hiya, Has anyone had an early scan and how far were you? My Dr is refusing to give me an early scan as you have to have 3 mc's before they will but I know other people in diff areas that have had one. I know I might sound mad but I want to pay for a private one as I had a mmc I'm terrified of getting to 12 week scan and finding out I've had a mmc even though I know there was no reason it happened and no reason it might happen again. Anyway what I really wanted to know what when would be the best time to have it? I'm only 4+5 at the moment so still a while to go before knowing x

Replies

• Options
    I would say go for a private scan!! Nothing like peace of mind eh image wait till around. 7 weeks though image welcome and congrats x
  • Options
    Hello! I've had early scan today as I have PCOS and used clomid. I am 6wks + 3 days and I saw little blob with flickering heartbeat in middle, it was brilliant! I'm also going to pay for private scan at 10weeks for reassurance as can't wait another 6 weeks for one!! X
  • Options
    Defo go for private scan if it will give you peace of mind, u don't wanna be stressing out or worrying til 12 wk scan.

xx
  • Options

I went for an early scan this morning....we had a mc in june, i just rang the EPU and they gave me an appointment straight away!

Give them a ring......good luck x x

• Options
    My EPU won't see you without a referral from a GP unfortunately. X
  • Options

Kay-mc, I would suggest you ring EPU direct....tell them you are very worried...stomach pain etc....they should slot you in x x

• Options
    Thanks Claire, I will give them a call and see what they say, I'm only 5 weeks so will give it a week as I don't think they scan before 6 weeks x
  • Options

Kay-Mc I've had an early scan, I was reffered through the gp. Hope they give you one for reassurance, such long wait otherwise till 12 weeks, specially with your history.

Good luck, let us know xxx

• Options
    I had an early scan in the end as I had bleeding last week. They scanned last Friday and couldn't even find a sac I was so devastated but went back today and saw a heartbeat image I am so so happy x
  • Options
    Yay! Excellent xx
  • Options

Great news image xx

• Options
    Ah that's great news Hun xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, can finally stop worrying!x