Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else?

Hi all, I'm sure my belly has expanded already, scrap that, I know it has. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same, I'm only 8+5 but this is my 3rd. People will be thinking I'm letting myself go or not going to the gym anymore. Roll on 12 weeks when I can say, it's cause I'm with child. Lol J x

Replies

• Im 9 + 2 and I seem to have been showing since I was about 6 weeks! This is my second..I think you show a lot quicker after your first image x

• Me too! I'm nearly 7 weeks and am trying to disguise my stomach, its definitely expanded! By the time evening comes I look about 5 months gone lol! xx

• Me!!!Omg, it's crazy. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and my stomach seems to have that bloated look since week 6! Also my second pg, first time not really showed till aprox 14 weeks.

We went out for dinner last night as it was our anniversary and I had to change three times before I could find something that didn't feel and look too tight...xx

• I've lost 3lb in a week because I can't eat so I don't think my stomach looks any bigger. But when I could eat I was bloated so looked about 5-6 months pregnant by the end of the day! I started showing by 11 weeks with my first, 10 weeks with my first and am only 5+2 with this one so plenty of time I guess but I'd like to start showing as it would set my mind at ease; when I had my missed miscarriage I got to 13 weeks and my tummy didn't expand at all. But with not eating I might not show as early as nothing is staying in!!

• I'm so pleased its not just me, thanks for putting my mind at rest ladies. I hate the 'look like you've just put on a few pounds' stage, not long for us now though girlies, we're getting there.

J x
  • Yes I'm 9 weeks today and been having to wear maternity trousers/skirts for about 3 weeks now, I think people are starting to guess but really trying to hold out till scan! Xxx
  • My tummy really low down has grown a bit and my trousers are fitting more snugly. I've actually lost a couple of pounds as was really struggling with food last weekend and the start of the week but I feel I've turned a corner now and I'm starting to improve and feel less nauseous thankfully. Feeling poorly every day was really making me feel down about it all...hoping to continue feeling reasonable now! Hope everyone else is well x
  • MrsB - how are you doing today?

I am struggling with eating too, but am finding small portions seem to work well!

I think my belly sticks out too! Leggings for me!

Anyone reccomend good work maternity trousers?

• I've been living in leggings for a week too. What with that & wearing baggy tops, people must be guessing at work.

Hope those of you who have felt really sicky are improving now.

J x
  • Hi all..

I'm 6+4wks gest with baby number four and I feel huge! I'm already sporting a rounded belly - but to be fair, I'm eating loads! 

With my first three babies (all girls), I was sick non stop from 5wks until I delivered. This time I'm feeling really well and I want to eat all the time. And I mean all the damn time! LOL

With the girls I had really small bumps that didn't appear until about 6mths, but I'm big already this time (and I've recently lost 2 1/2st).

So, with all these differences, I'm wondering if I'm carrying a boy!

I hope those of you struggling with with sickness feel better really soon. Try to think positive, it's a sign that your hormones are increasing and things are progressing well. That's what got me though it.

Love, S x