Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Midwife Booking Appt Tmw!

Hi ladies How is everyone feeling? I'm 8 weeks today and have my first midwife appt in the morning image My sickness has reduced a bit, I tend to feel worse on an evening and am really struggling with eating my tea, not really having much, yet I'm starving all day long! I'm starting to get more headaches too and migraines which is hard with work and dd to look after, hoping these will go away after the first 11/12 weeks like when I was pg with dd. Has everyone else got their midwife appts through yet? Hope you're all well x

Replies

• Options

Hi Mrs B, I've had my first mw appt on Monday. I was really excited but like the ladies had said it was mainly paperwork and bloods and it went on for an hour, by which time I had begun to feel sick lol

I am starving all the time  and if I don't eat feel really sick and dizzy too. I am getting up every night to go to the loo, drives me mad, I try and hold but my bladder hurts so much and so I end up having to go!

Now waiting for a hospital to arrange my scan date, really can't wait.

Hope it goes well for you tommorrow and I guess seeing your midwife does kind of feel more official that you are indeed pregnant. Specially when she gave me Bounty pack, felt like I am in now! image

Let us know how it goes xx

• Options

We have ours next friday, so it is nice to hear about what to expect so thanks x x I will let you know how we get on.

• Options
    Ooh mine is tomorrow too! I know it will be mainly paperwork etc, but like others say it makes it feel more official! X
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Appt went well, lots of form filling & blood tests, made it feel so much more of a reality talking about my last pregnancy & birth too! Got a bounty pack, some healthy start vitamins & some other goodies image I have the same midwife as last time too which I'm so happy about as she is really lovely. She sent my scan forms off & made my next appt with her which is aaaaages away! Back end of November! She will have a listen in with the Doppler then.

Good luck to you other ladies that have appts soon xx
  • Options

Mine is Wed 10th...feeling impatient today.Apart from being hungry and tired, i have no other symptoms, kind of wish i did so it feels normal.

• Options

Bambinobump...mine is wed too! And my symptoms seem to have tapered off, apart from the tiredness!! Looking forward to midwife tomorrow and hopefully will get a scan date very soon! xx