Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

12 week scan

Hello ladies, Has any of you been given a date for a twelve week scan? I had mine today and it is in two weeks time!  I will be 12 weeks exactly. I am so excited but extremely nervous too. How is everyone else feeling?   Decided to create a list of dates to keep us going, so far: mrs ward - 18th October  Laura Wells - 18th October May13 -19thOctober  Soon2beJacks - 21st October     Mrsb84 - 23rd  October   AnotherPlease - 23rd October   Lorraine Hodgson - 25th October     Barnsie - 29th October     igitigi - 30th October broodyshoes - 2nd November   babe - 5th November    bambinobump - 15th November

Replies

• Hey May13 mine is on the 23rd October so two weeks on tuesday am officially on countdown ha ha will be 12+4.

Still suffering with morning sickness, and just generally still feeling so so anxious and worried.

Xxx
  • Oh how exciting Mrsb, mine is on 19th so your only few days later image I pray all goes well for all of us anxious ladies awaiting scans.

Mrsb how did your booking in appt go?

My morning sicknes has really eased off, well yesterday and today and now I am worried to why I am not feeling sick! I am driving myself mad, really can't wait for the scan now, but like you so anxious. I read in one of the books that from the 10th week placenta takes over and so some of the symptoms ease off, I really hope that is what's happening.

Anyone else has a dating scan yet?? xox

• Hey ladies, I have mine on the 21st, I'll be 12+2. I'm 10 weeks today and this is the first day I've not been sick but I bought some ginger sweets and put it down to that. I've also read about the placenta taking over so have enjoyed not feeling as nausious! I can't wait, it's so exciting and just want to know everything is ok image
  • Mine is booked for 29th, ill be 13+2 so seems like a lifetime away. On the positive side I can now eat again image like a few of you I'm now 10 weeks so think placenta has taken ova. So nice to not feel horrid, but I am now so so bloated, but I'd rather that than the sickness. X
  • Barnesie, so glad you're feeling better. That's great news xx
  • Hello ours is on the 18th of october, fingers crossed time passes quickly! x

• I'm worried as I'm 10+1 and still haven't had my first midwife apt, so I think I'll be well past 12 weeks when I get scanned which is going to kill me cause I've got a proper baby bump already! I've phoned the community midwife on Friday but she's not returned my call yet! Argh!

J x
  • Mine is on 18th too. Ive already had three scans due to problems xx

• Wow, list is growing, it will be great to see how the two of you mrs ward & Laura get on as you seem to be the first ones! It is sooo exciting!

Then it is me May13 , followed by soon2beJacks, followed by mrsb84, then followed by Barnsie.

AnotherPlease hope you get your appt soon, think once you see midwife it is fairly quick so they should be able to fit you in soon.

xxx

• List is good idea image my date still seems like a lifetime away, hope time goes quick x
  • Mine is 30th ...also seems like ages away!!! Im still convinced ill get there and they will tell me im not pregnant or something!!!

• igitigi Ha! Thats how I'm feeling today - shouldn't complain about not feeling sick but is anyone else going through the odd few hours of not actually feeling pregnant?

I feel ike I'm having a bit of a wobble today image

• Igitigi I have added you to the list image

soon2bejacks I've been having moments like this since nausea seem to have disappeared and my energy seems to have returned. I am starting to feel human again, but then panic. Saying that getting up in the night for the loo, every morning between 2 - 5 is still very much the symptom, that and having crazy craving for gherkins lol

I am sure we all be fine its just that scan can't come soon enough! xxx

• Thanks May13, its nice to know other ladies are feeling the same - although scrap that 'not been sick at work lately' ! image

• Hi everyone got my scan on the 25th, 15 sleeps to go, haven't told my 3yr old yet gonna take him with us, then we're going on holiday to wales on the 27th with my whole family (19 in total) so we're gonna tell them all when we get there!!!! Good luck all who are waitin and hope time flies image

• Soon2bjacks lol at your comment, as I also threw up very next morning, so silly but it made me feel better mentally (silly I know) Lorraine Hodgson welcome to the due in May group, sounds like a good plan. xx p.s something has gone wrong with the list of dates, tried editing and it goes back to this random text rather then list, will try again later, must be BE? xx
  • I have my scan date too! It came this morning - 3 wks today, 1st Novemver. Can't wait image x
  • Im so excited..a week today and I will see my baby again! Ive done something naughty today and booked a private scan for 16 weeks to find out the sex. I know I should have waited until 12 week scan but I got carried away image

I hope that I havent jinxed things!

• Yeah! Finally saw the mw! Hopefully scan will be within 2 weeks ..........but......... I HEARD THE HEARTBEAT! It was so reassuring!

J x

10+5
  • Morning, I have my midwife apt this morning, hope she will book me in for the booking scan in next couple of weeks, will update asap.

x