Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

not having good time

Never been so scared in the whole of my life, I went to the toilet at about 10 o clock last nyt and as I wiped there was a lot of bright red blood, and I just kept wiping and it just kept comin. I was so upset, I'm all an awkward blood time and if I bleed at all I need to have an anti d injection so I was really scared so called 24 hour midwife team and they urged me to go a+e to get checked asap. Got there and after being in agony for an hour they finally saw me and took bloods, and urine sample and took blood pressure etc. They then told me things didn't look good but they couldn't get me in to a scan till this mornin, so they wanted to admit me and scan me first thing. I said I would rather go home and wait and then come back. So turned up at scan department 9 oclock this mornin and the a+e doc hadn't booked me in, but the nice ladies there said if I was patient enough someone would c me, so after an hour of waiting I finally got seen by someone, and they prepared me for the worst, and said because I was bleeding allot, and there were clots and it was bright red and I had cramps that I looked like I had a miscarriage :'( I then went in to get scanned, and the lady told me she wouldn't tell me either way until she was confident with what she saw. So after a lifetime she turned the screen around and told us baby heart beat was strong, and everything looked completely fine. Iv never been more relived in the whole of my life! They still don't know what caused the bleeding, and its not because we dtd. I just got an anti d injection, and sent home to take it extra easy. So glad everything is ok.

Replies

• Options

Oh Barnsie how scary!!! Im so glad everything is ok!!! our body does do nasty things to us doesnt it xx

• Options
    Oh my goodness you must have been out of your mind with worry! So glad that baby was there with a good heartbeat, what a relief! x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, feel so much better after a good nyts sleep, I am really nervous it will happen again tho, so tryin to take it mega easy. X
  • Options

So scary, glad all is ok, do take it easy xx

• Options
    Oh that's so awful, but at least all is ok now! I had really significant red bleeds with my first two, no cramping though. Some people still get mini periods during pregnancy I think. I hope you continue to have a h&h pregnancy.

J x
  • Options

Me too....my local epu told me if I have unexpected bleeding to make an appointment.

Just take it easy...our bodies are doing crazy things at the moment and I find it weird when it is unexpected.

I'm off for my first midwife apt this morning, hope it goes well!

• Options

Oh you poor thing, how frightening!! So glad all was ok and yes take it easy x x