Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my morning sickness was never this bad last time :(

Hey,

Any tips on how to ease this morning sickness?

Last time I had sickness throughout the day and woke up in the night with it and it lasted for about 8 months but it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as this.

This time i've had it since 5 weeks pg and it is really bad.

I have no appetite and everything just seems to make me feel sick.  The only thing i have managed to eat and keep down is a mango and lime chicken in pita from nandos lol and occasionnaly a bowl of soup.

i feel lathargic all day, i have no energy, my head is pounding and as soon as i wake up every day my first task of the day is vomiting.

any suggestions anyone? i hate feeling this bad and it's starting to get me down.

thank you

x

Replies

• Options

How many weeks are u now? I have no advice except little and often ,dont eat late, try sickness bands and if all that fails im sure there is an anti sickness tablet u can take if u speak to the doctor xxx

• Options

I'm gatecrashing from due in Jan, please don't suffer, ask for Avomine, you can actually buy it over the counter if your dr is of the opinion that pregnant woman should suffer in silence and eat ginger biscuits. My midwife has been recomending it for 22  years, I was even able to keep food down!

• Options

Hey,

thank you both x

laurelladie - i have mentioned it to my doctor (whose praises i uaually sing) and he just said it last about 3 months.  I told him i had it last time and never complained so it is obviously bad this time - he told me to speak to the midwife.  if that's not passing the book........

I called the midwife today as you no longer book your first appointment at the surgery - she does her first appointment at your home - and she can't get out until not this friday but next friday....grrrrrr. she asked how i was so i told her about it.  I made sure i told her about last time so she knew it wasn't my first time and all she could say was "aahhh" and "oh no" and then made the appointment for next week.  Not any advice given at all.

i will definitely ask about Avomine.

x

• Options

you can buy over the counter.