Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is anyone eles pregnant and ova weight?

I'm classed as obese, and I'm about 4 stone ova weight. But in the year before becoming pregnant I managed to lose 5 stone. But I still feel awful about being ova weight and pregnant, I'm classed as low risk tho, but do have to c dietician, and a consultant. I feel so guilty, and down about it, and also very embarrassed. Anyone in same boat as me?

Replies

• I have no idea what i weigh or what catagory i fall into but i know im "over weight" to be honest what can we do about it now ,just dont over eat throughout pregnancy were not eating for two ,eat sensible foods. I do hate this weight pressure mums 2 be are put under i know its not healthy but neither are a lot of other things x

• Thanks igitgi, i actually feel the healthiest I have in years after losing all the weight before I got pregnant, but dread every midwife appointment as I know it will come up. My craving at the moment tho is fruit, the juicier the better which is nice and healthy image x
  • Me too, totally in that category.... I want ot start doing some yoga or swimming again, but I have been feeling so sick all the time that I only seem to be safe on the sofa, hoping the sickness feeling goes and I can try and get a tbit healthier.

My hubby has bought me the Davina DVD! think it is a subtle hint!

• I'm starting aquanatel on Wednesday so fingers crossed that helps, really really looking forward to it image really hope wwtp sickness eases soon, so glad to be mostly part that stage now. X