Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone feel regular movement??

Replies

• Yeah I know!!! I can't wait!!! I really want a proper bump too!!! Are you showing yet??
  • Got a little bump, which feels different to my normal pre-pregnancy belly!

My hubby thinks he can feel things too - not sure if he can!

Plus my boobs are much bigger - sorry for if that is TMI!

• Haha no, mine are the same!!! They look ridiculous now!! Yeah I've got a teenie bump too but I just look chubbier!
  • Great hair and strong nails though! Tis weird - but an enjoyable side effect.

Might start doing the Davina DVD tomorrow and try and get a bit healthier!

• I keep meaning to re join the gym but I really can't be bothered lol!! I've put on 10lbs though which is too much for this early on!
  • I think I might of finally felt something today!!! I've got a bigger bump than last time but there is 2 this time, It's rock hard when I lie down, not good when I'm trying to sleep on my belly while I still can ha-ha image

• So lovely to hear everyone's starting to feel the little wrigglers! I feel my little one nearly every morning. I sleep on my left side and for the last 3 mornings when I roll on to my back I've had a rock hard lump below my belly button and when I've pressed lightly with my hand its moved, feels really fluttery. I can't wait to feel it all the time!

I have my 20 weeks on 14th December, and can't wait to find out if its pink or blue image Does anyone have an idea what they're having? I think I'm having a boy but just a feeling.

I've put on over 10lb already which I thought might be too much but I've been enjoying eating bread. As for exercise I went to a pregnancy yoga class last night and it was amazing, and I had the best nights sleep I've had for weeks. Has anyone else tried that? xxx
  • I've been enjoying eating EVERYTHING haha!!

No I havent tried that but it sounds good, I used to do yoga back in my fitness days!!

• i'll be 16 weeks on Sunday with 2nd child but i'm not really feeling anything yet.  I'm getting quite worried cos i thought being my second pregnancy i would feel baby moving by now.  Anyone with a child already - how far along were you when you start to feel something?

• Soon2bjacks - I think I might try yoga...one of my firend's suggested it too. If it helps me sleep I will try it!

Sid89 - me too  - although not too much, can't even finish a burger - hubby is loving it, meanshe gets extra food!

Krilag - sorry this is my first, so I have no idea about anything!

Lorraine - Are you finding out whether you are having girls or boys?

• We're gonna try not to find out what flavour they are but we have to go for a scan every 4 weeks after the 20 wk scan so the temptation might get 2 much!

I asked a midwife yesterday about not feeling them much so she had a listen and found the 2 heartbeats and said they were moving around fine so that was reasurring.

Krilag- I think I was feeling my first around 18 wks but nearly 19 wks now an dont't think I've felt the twins move properly yet, I did lie down and try to relax to see if I felt anything but ended up just falling asleep!!!!image

• I thought about doing yoga but I dont have anybody to watch the boys to go to a class, and not sure if I'd have the motivation to do a dvd at home!

I've felt flump moving for a while now but it is my 3rd, and still only small flutters. Can't wait to feel proper kicks image

• I've been feeling movement a few times a day for the last week now and OH felt a little kick yesterday for the first time. Amazing!!

Can't wait til Friday for my 20 week scan! image
  • I think I've been having some movements this week...either that or I have got really bad wind! Ha ha

Soon2bjacks - how did the scan go?

Garfield - proper kicks yet?

• Baby is a real wriggler! I'm feeling loads of movement especially on an evening, night & when I wake up! Proper kicks too. It's lovely image hoping hubby will be able to feel soon x
  • My fianc??e felt Amelie kick for the first time yesterday image it was lovely!! She's kicking away all the time it seems!! I hope this doesn't mean she never sleeps lol
  • Hello ladies, I've been feeling movement since 17 weeks, am now 25 weeks and baby moves constantly! Mainly first thing and at night but also after I eat.

Scan went well at 20 wks thanks Claire, but she couldn't see the baby's spine because of the position. We went back 2 wks later and saw someone else who told us the baby's abdomen isn't growing as quick as they think it should. It scared the life out of me but we saw a doctor who didn't seem bothered at all. We are going back this Thursday for another scan to make sure everything is ok.

I spent a good few days stressed and worried but as the baby is such a little wriggler and I'm getting bigger by the day I've really been trying not to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Also, on Christmas Day we had a little envelope to open with pink or blue from our 20 week scan - and we are team PINK! I love being able to call her my little lady image

Hope everyone is getting on ok, can't believe I have less than 15 weeks to go - only 11 weeks left at work!!

xxx
  • Oh thank god it's not just me Soon2BJacks, I had a growth scan yesterday and they told me the twins are small but everything I read says at 24wks a baby should weigh around 500 grams so how can 2 weighing over 600 grams EACH b small???? I think I'm gonna have to ask my local midwife about it because I just don't get it!!!! But apart from that lot's of lovely wriggling goin on which is lovely image

• Lorraine, I've spoken to a lot of pregnant ladies about this and so many have told me their sonographer has been over cautious with measurements at a scan. I've also read that from 24/25 weeks the baby will grow of its own accord - as in, it will grow to what it's genetically going to be. I'm quite slim and my OH is over 6ft so the fact my little lady has a small (but still above average) abdomen but long legs shouldn't be a problem. If anything, lucky her because I'm a shorty! haha!

Are they going to give you regular scans for growth? I have one on Thursday xxx
  • I was going for growth scans every 4 wks from this wk just because it's twins but the consultant said I might have to go weekly starting from next Thursday, she also mentioned they might not be getting enough oxygen through the placenta (I think that's what she said) which I think they were more concerned about but didn't want to tell us that!! Not to worry we'll see what happens next week, hope your scan goes well on Thursday I'm sure your little lady will be just grand x x image