Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

Me again...asking for advice!

I think I now am nearly done shopping for our little girl but when I was going through everything I noticed that I don't have any new born baby grows, long or short sleeves just 0-3 months! Will these be ok or would you advise getting a few in new born too? Xxx

Replies

• I would advise getting new born as well, We had just a few newborn things but when she was born we discovered even these were big on her so hubby went out and had to buy more the day after she was born :lol: even if you have one pack of sleepsuits and vests and then if you need more you can always get some after.
  • I would get a few but dont go overboard. And keep them in the packet and keep the receipt. If your baby is too big for them then you can take them back. My son was average weight at 7lbs 13oz and he was too big for some newborn things - under 7lbs (and Id already washed them all and taken the tags off so couldnt take any back).
  • we didnt buy any newborn as we thought toby was going to be HUGE - he was 8lbs and was far too small for 0-3 - we had to go and get a couple of packets of newborn. He didnt wear them for long but they were def needed - i agree with sim keep in packet and keep receipts just in case x ps have you figured out all the windoo compnents yet?
  • Just a couple would do. Tescos are good as they are quite big so will last longer x
  • Sorry to G/C from born in sept 09 I got the next up to 1 month size for my 8lb3oz little lady and they were fab and have built in scratch mitts too.