Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

8 month check

has anyone been given their appointment yet? with the boys i already had the appointment date through? i know they no longer do the 2half year check unless 1 you have concerns 2 was complications/worries before? i have no worries i was just surprised i have not had appointment through?

Replies

• No appointment yet but LO was born on the 24th Nov - So I expect it will be at least another month for me.

HJS
  • Nope Ive not heard or had anything through about Jacks 8 month check up either. Im going to get him weighed this thursday so will ask then

xxxx
  • didnt realise they had one!!! Jen was 8m last week...
  • you get given a bag of books and they just check all is ok give toys etc to check pincer grip etcetc..... i think i may get her weighed on wed and ask im more worried bout getting the books as fab bookstart one in a bag OL
  • I didn't realise they had one either, Olivia is 9 months next Thursday although now that I think my HV told she wouldnt see us again until lo's next injections around the one year mark! I havent seen HV since Olivia had her 16 week injections
  • Oh yeah we got those at the 16 week injections, got them with a sippy cup and toothbrush and toothpaste.
  • did you? we used to get ours at 8n months check but ive heard nothing? it always changes cant kep up x image
  • I would contact them and book an appointment! They do always change things, sil is pregnant now and her pregnancy notes are changed now from when I was pregnant.
  • ill take to clinic friday see what they say?
  • Ive not been told that we get books but ill ask on Thursday

xxx
  • I dug out the leaflet that I got when LO was born and it said 8-12 month check-up and to phone to book.

So I did.

They said that they were no longer doing the appointments because of staff shortages. If you have any concerns/questions just to go to the baby clinic.

There we go.

Sarah xx
  • just had phone call from HV she is coming on the 27th july at 11am apparently we still have them here just not the 2half year check x
  • our red book now says 12 months. The health visitor said they put it back cos so many had to 'come back later' as they weren't ready! You can pick the books up from the library - just ask for the bookstart pack.