Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

Baby Monitor

Hi folks

I need to buy a new baby monitor- what would you recommend/steer clear of? I want something rechargeable/portable as I move around from room to room a lot, and my washing machine is in the garage, so the monitor needs to have a good range. Also prefer something digital.

Any hints and tips very welcome.

Alison & Lily (13 weeks) xx

Replies

• I have ordered the Tomy walkabout platinum monitors. I dont have the yet but they have 2-way communication, 300 metre range, night light on baby side and recharchable parent unit. I ordered them from amazon and they are reduced from ??99.99 to ??56.65
  • I have the angel care sound and movement monitor, and I love it. It has a sensor pad that detects babys movement/breathing and an alarm will sound if nothing is detected for 20 seconds.
    The baby unit has a night light, and the parent unit is rechargable and displays the temp in babys room. I got it from amazon for ??79.99 x
  • A friend has recommended the Angel care one. It is a bit pricey though. I have been looking at the BT digital one- not sure now.
  • I shouldnt think she's too old for a sensor pad, Finley has his under his cot matress and I think it can be used for as long as you need it. The only thing i've been warned about is that the alarm will go off as Finley gets older and starts to roll of the mat. You can unplug the sensor mat and just use it as a sound monitor when you dont need to use the mat anymore.
    I've done some pretty serious testing of the sensor pad (lol yes i know im paranoid) as i had a sneaky feeling it detected weight on it rather than movement, so i've spent many an evening running my fingertips as lightly as possible over the mattress, and im pleased to say it does work very well x
  • I have the BT150 and it's fab!
  • so do I legalbeagle.... and your right it is fab! I highly recommend it xx
  • I have the VTech Dect and its great for the price and digital as well - we had a budget of ??50 and thats what it cost. It has a good range - rechargable and has lullabies remotely operated!
    xax
  • I have the BT150 too - love it!

It's about ??60 (I think) on Amazon

xx
  • I got the Angel care sound and Movement one- really happy with it. Thanks for all your suggestions x
  • we have that one too and i love it - i would be a nervous wreck without it! We have had a couple of false alarms but i would rather that than it not work x
  • Iv got the Angel Care one too with temp and sensor pad, Asda ??40 was a bargain xx
  • its because of you pavs that we got this too for ??40 from asda - it was miles away so my dad tried to fit it into his work route (only about 60miles out!) x