Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

Christening

Hello,

Has anyone had their lo Christened. As I am looking for a little bit of help and advice on what I need to do/how to go about it.

I have popped an e-mail to the local church. But haven't organised anything like this before and I am a bit nervous.

I would really like to get my little boy Christened before he is one, and want him to have the support of Godparents growing up but feel a little overwhelmed by it all.

HJS

Replies

• As far as I know, you just speak to your normal parish church. They should talk you through it! What relision are you?

Em x
  • We are catholic so we had Olivia christened when she was 4 weeks but we went straight to the parish priest and arranged it with him, it was really straightforward and there is no need to be overwhelmed, they organise the mass and all we had to decide was if we wanted to do anything after, we just went to my mums house with the family and had a buffet laid out.
  • I contacted the Church near to my Mum (easier than our local parish church) and met with the Vicar. She asked our reasons for wanting Lily Christened, took our details and that of our God-Parents. She asked if we wanted any readings, and if we wanted special hymns. She gave us the number of the organist for us to liaise directly with her over the hymns. We booked the Church hall and I baked cakes and ordered fresh cakes from Greggs and Waitrose. We did Tea and Coffee, Bucks Fizz. Made a Christening Cake. Lily wore the Gown her older Sister had worn. Got balloons and confetti and nice serviettes. The hall provided Cups, Saucers, Plates etc. Organised a few friends to help out with setting up and clearing away. It was a lovely day. Hope that helps? x
  • Thank you all very much. I have contacted the local church and they are sending out some info. apparently they include it within the sunday service on the third sunday of every month. october is full so it looks like it will be November 3 days before his first birthday.

We have agreed on godparents so we are on the way...

Although nervous I am really looking forward to the christening and being able to say Thank you for my little boy.

HJS